Chapter 32

a village was in sight after hours they had searched in a desperate need to cure the girl, but they were losing her. the girl had lost too much blood as the wound kept on dripping with the red crimson liquid. The two men were desperate that when they had come to the nearby clinic, they heistly stopped the horse and carefully climb down the wagon with the girl on Sherlock's gentle arms. Carrying her with a bridal style, both men, but mostly John, her uncle, ran fastly toward the door and knocked it harshly and un-patiently.

"For the love of God, open the door!" More minutes and time had spares, John kept on banging the door as if he does not care for those who were interrupted.  "Please, we are in need of your assistance!" true That John was actually a doctor, but his lack of tools were the reasons why he didn't save her before. There was a silent thump from the inside of the house, and it became near and nearer, and once it had reached to the front door, a man was reviled, still in his night clothes, and a night hat was still on his head. Thought, his moon-liked-shaped glasses were hung on the bridge of his nose, and behind those glasses, were the eyes of tiredness, meaning that the man was absolutely bothered by the sound of John pleas.

"What is the meaning of this?! It's only 11 o'clock and a man who worked so hard deserves to rest in peace!" The man protested, still deluded by the fact that his beauty sleep was interrupted.

"My niece, she needs help" pleaded John. The man, that they (Sherlock and John) consumed, was the village's doctor, was first confused, whether to help the young lady or not.

"Please, help us. My lover, she needs your expertness, I cannot bear to lose her" the doctor was in between perplexed and awe. The thought of helping someone in the midnight was too much, but the thought of losing someone lover's life was even harder for him. So he lets them in.

Many have thoughts that Sherlock would never love, they never thoughts that Sherlock would actually love. John was surprised as well as Sherlock. After all this time, John had thought of Sherlock as the man who lacks emotions, the man who thinks that love was just a human error- never in life he thought that he would see the day where finally, finally, the famous Sherlock Holmes find love in a very peculiar way. 

"Get her to the kitchen. lay her down in the dining table" the man ordered both Sherlock and John. The dining table was full of things that aren't too necessary, as there was no room for her to be laid on. So, John knocked the things until the table was clean. Sherlock then laid the girl gently, as if she was ab0tu to break. As if she was about to die. Then he whispers 'you are going to be fine, you are a brave girl. MY brave girl'

"Mr. I need you to step aside and let the professional do the job" Of course he'd rather had John to be the one who's helping her, but in this rather unplanned, he lets his ego down, and pray.

"You- press this cloth gently to the wound to stop the bleeding" The doctor (who is not John) ordered John who oblige and do what the doctor orders him to do. John kept pressing the cloth gently to the wound, and the cloth that was once white turned crimson in minutes as the wound keeps bleeding.  Usually, John never faints during an autopsy or seeing someone all bloodied, considering his time on the battlefield and seeing much worst, but this time, John wanted to faint, needed to faint. It's his niece that was all bloodied and hurt, not his comrades or colleagues, or friends. This is his niece, the one he made a promise to protect since she was born. He felt guilty, not just for her or himself, he felt guilty for his brother, if he'd found out, surely his brother would cut ties with him and would never let his daughter to see him.  As John keeps pressing the cloth, he glanced toward his friend who stands motionless in his place with a guilt expression across his face. 

Sherlock didn't move nor flinch as the doctor ripped her upper (near the stomach) red dress that Sherlock finds so... ravishing. He'd ripped that beautiful dress off her and ravished her once they went home safely, but it was all happened in his mind palace, and you know that his mind palace was almost real. But it would be too good to be true for him. so he'd rather not keeps his hopes too high, because, on the situation, he lost all hope, and only prayed for the good. 

The doctor injects her with morphine so that she would not feel any pain, even when she is unconscious and asked John to remove the cloth to reveal the wound. The doctor took a cotton then dipped it on alcohol to sterilize the wound and so that it would not be infected. Then he grabs two tools, one was a scissor and one was a tissue forceps. He cut the wound open until it was wide enough to pull the bullets out. Sherlock flinched a bit when he sees the girl she loves was cut open, but he knew it was for the best at that time. Then, the doctor took a  Bullet extractor and slowly but surely pulls the bullet out of her. Minutes had passed, and the moment they'd been waiting for, finally came when the bullet was pulled completely. The three men heaved a sync sigh. The doctor dropped the bullet down to the kitchen table and then he pulled a chair so that he could sit.

"Anyone wants a cuppa?"

"I do need a cuppa, but first. do please close her wound"

***

"She'll need rest, lots and lots of rest" The doctor said as he offers both Sherlock and John his light black tea.

"I assure you, she will not move any muscles, not even one" John assured the doctor since he is a doctor.  He knows what to do and what best for his patients, especially his niece "Doctor I couldn't thank you enough for helping my niece, we owe you a big deal"

"None of that, please gentlemen. It is my job as a doctor to help, anyway. Aren't you a doctor too, Dr. Watson?"

"Ah yes I am, but I don't have the tools to perform such surgery. No morphine, no scissors, no nothing, we came unprepared" John admitted their situation. 

Then the doctor continues "I loved your story Dr. Watson, and you too Mr. Holmes, both of you are the most amazing partner and your adventures are amazing!" 

"Why thank you, I am happy that someone loves our adventures, unlike some people"