𝙾𝚗𝚎

One week later

“Winter my friend!” Yeji announced her presence, opening the cafe door and entering the baren establishment. Dressed in her soccer uniform, she sauntered toward the counter with a proud smile. Tucked under her arm was a brown envelope.

She stood in front of the counter before holding the envelope between her index and ring finger before promptly slamming it on the counter. "I got it."

"You got what?" Winter asked, raising an uninterested brow at Yeji. She didn't have the energy to deal with whatever Yeji has because one, she was dead tired with her part time job, and two, she's dreading the results of her entrance exam.

"Your exam results you dimwit!" Yeji exclaimed, flipping open the envelope before taking out the paper and carefully placing it on the counter. She slid it toward Winter. "You passed!"

"I did?" Winter took the paper, examining it with furrowed brows. "I did."

Who knew that a soccer-head like her would end up passing the entrance exam. She meant, she didn't know one-fourth of what was asked and did the usually if you don't know the answer, choose C method. And miraculously, it came true.

"Dang," she mused, picking up the paper with one hand. She read through it. "I can't believe I passed."

"No shit," Yeji snorted, perching her elbow on the counter. "You ranked 96th, that is somewhat concerning, but at least you passed."

96th? Winter eyes moved toward the bid 96 mark at the top right corner of her page that was also encircled by a red mark. "Does that matter?"

"Of course it does." Yeji replied, "The academy only accepts 100 new students each year since they drop one hundred students from the past year."

"Drop?"

"Those who don't meet the one hundred mark during the year end results are forced to drop out of the school to give way for new students. Those who are part of the top 100 have immediate acceptance for the next school year's admission. It's—" Yeji paused, seeing the conflicted expression of her best friend. Scowling, she slapped the counter hard, startling Winter. "Jeong!"