𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚂𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛 (𝚂.𝚈 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟹-𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟺)

Winter patted the top of her head, humming a happy tune. She took a brief glance at the wall clock that was ticking loudly above the refrigerator.

6:45 AM, it read.

She still had time. She moved to stand in front of her full-body mirror, making sure that no stray hairs were pointing in any weird direction. She also checked her uniform, fixing her crooked tie. She then checked her suit jacket, flattening the creases then her beige pants, straightening it as well.

“I look good.” She mused, raking up and down her reflection. She twisted her body, making sure nothing was out of place. “I look—” she turned around, facing the clock. “Shoot! I'm late!”

There goes Winter's early morning. She grabbed her duffel bag from the couch before sprinting to the door. She hastily pulled it open, running out only to come back in when she realized she hasn't put on any shoes.

“Stupid, stupid, stupid.” she grumbled, putting on her shoes. The dang shoe was not slipping on. “I am not going to be late—not now!” finally slipping on, Winter gasped in surprise before turning around and running out of her door. She ran down the hallway of her apartment, passing the units of her sleeping neighbors.

Winter burst out of her apartment complex. Shr took in a deep breath, a smile etching on her lips as she stretched her arms over her head. She exhaled, slowly opening her eyes. “HELLO THE CITY!”

Pigeons, calling birds, and turtle doves flew out of the nearby trees, and passersby turned to look at her with an annoyed expression. Kids these days.

Winter paid them no mind, taking a brave step forward before full-on sprinting in the direction of her school. She was running late for her first day.

She passed by Na Dough and Cat Cafe, seeing Calli the calico cat perched on a table by the window. She waved at the feline, and the feline greeted back with closed eyes. Next was the original Na Dough. She saw Mrs. Na by the counter. Jaemin probably left already.

Crossing the street and narrowly missing her demise as a motorcycle narrowly sped past her. Winter slowed down, coming to a trudge before coming to a walk as she caught sight of the familiar tall gates and the gothic building behind it.

Seemed like everyone had no energy to be early for today, seeing as male and female students were leisurely walking and conversing with their peers as they made their way to the academy.

Things have changed, Winter would like to note. The academy became a coed institution after the dean ordered an investigation into the academic curriculum. Jaemin had assisted the investigation, seeing as how he was part of most of the cruel things behind the esteem facade the two sides had.

Speaking of Jaemin, he confessed about the crime he committed with Kun—the torture, abuse, and manipulation. He was supposed to be expelled, but the dean took pity on him and considered it wasteful to get rid of him. So, the dean decided that he would be subjected to public service during the summer.

It wasn't only Jaemin actually, Gucci gang, Winter, Karina, Hendery, Soobin, Taehyun, Sungchan, and surprisingly, Shotaro did community service for the summer.

The reasons varied:
Jaemin, as stated above.
Gucci gang, for hiding the truth from the higher-ups and allowing the abuse to continue.
Karina, for sneaking into the boys high and cosplaying as the opposite sex.
Hendery was charged for helping jaemin and kun for their misdeeds.
Taehyun and Soobin had, same reason with Gucci gang.
Shotaro and Sungchan, for hiding Jeno’s crimes against Jaemin.