𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Usually, on the days Winter had to work, Na dough was not a dreadful place to go to, much more to stand in front of.

Eyes on the store sign, big in all caps that read NA DOUGH with a toddler Jaemin doing a thumbs up, the trio waited for their host. Jaemin had informed them before disappearing that they would go ahead to the story while he would settle some few things. It would not take long, an hour Jaemin assured. And that hour was slowly ticking. It was 5:55, five minutes before six.

"Do you think he is going to make it?" Soobin asked. As what he heard (from the rumors) Jaemin hated being late and would always are on time, if not five minutes before the actual time. The class president was very strict when it came to attendance.

"He will." I know he will, Taehyun convinced himself. He has know that bunny for four years and never once did that bunny turn up late. He may despise him but he was still human, so he cared. Of course, he was not going to admit that out loud. "He's just going to pop up suddenly."

"You really that much faith in him, huh?" Winter wondered if Taehyun was hiding something. There was an underlying meaning behind his snag remarks toward Jaemin. It was as if, she guessed, Taehyun was bluffing on his hate toward Jaemin. "Hyun, do you perhaps, like Jaemin?"

"Of course not!" The bright cheeks of Taehyun betrayed that. His two friends looked unconvinced. "I hate him. Why would I like him!?"

"I don't know," Soobin shrugged his shoulders, "enemies to lovers maybe. I hear it's a popular genre."

"You can even ask Jaemin about that. I heard he likes those types of books." Minjeong suggested, smiling teasingly at Taehyun who scowled. There was that small enjoyment that came when you tease someone.  Of course, that was only when someone was being teased.

And no, she did not hear about that. Xiaojun was willing to drop his friend for the sake of enjoyment.

"He can like whatever he likes." Jaemin was still human, Taehyun convinced himself. The human part, not what he likes. He was not sure if Jaemin was human.

Soobin snorted, "I'm—"

"You guys sure are idiots."

🧑

The deserted cafe and its silent eerieness was something foreign for Winter. Mrs. Na or one of her relatives were usually the first person to arrive and set up. Following that would be  her or a other co-worker of hers. Actually, she remembered Mrs. Na mentioning about her son also opening the cafe during the weekends.

The quartet decided to occupy a table at the center of medium sized establishment. Warm yellow light filled the room and the silent breathing everyone did. No one dared to speak, cautious at the grumpy Jaemin.

Jaemin was quick to arrive, clicking his tongue as he was greeted with the three standing in front of his store like a bunch of idiots. He was quick to point the direction of the back door and to the kitchen before going behind the counter and to the main area of the building.

Winter glanced up from her history book. They were to make a report about martial law and the dictator behind it. It was lengthy topic that needed to be thoroughly understood if they wanted to pass and impress Jaemin (not that they wanted to).

Soobin cleared his throat, causing Jaemin to look is from his book and turn to him with a glare. He flinched, eyes averting elsewhere. "Uh...why don't we take a break? We've been working for quite some time now."

"It's been ten minutes." Jaemin grumbled, closing shut his book with a loud thud and took a deep breath. Calm, Jaemin. You score is in their hands, like literally. "Who wants so snacks? Actually, dinner."