𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

It's going to be a long one but it's worth it 🤭😉

"Are you positive you want to marry...that?" Xiaojun, with a bothered expression, pointed at Sungchan who busy whining to their senior named Jaehyun. He gave Karina and exasperated look, one he did not solely show.

"Who said I wanted to?" Karina sighed in disappointment. Hopefully Sungchan would come clear to his 'preferences' before their engagement would happen. She'd rather end up dying as a virgin that marry a man who isn't even into girls.

"Out of all the men in the city, your dad just had to choose one who ranks number forty-nine." Sunoo commented, taking a flute of champagne from the waiter that passed in front of him.

Gucci gang were standing at the side, watching the socialites mingle with each other. Once in a while they would voice out their judgement toward one unfortunate member, and watch Sungchan, Karina’s soon to be (or not to be) fiancé make a fool of himself by complaining at his best friend, Zhong Chenle, heir of the Zhong pans enterprise and grandson of the current mayor of Lawa city.

"You'd think that rank does not matter but seriously, Sungchan is like a mix a deer caught in headlights and an alien who was left by their group because he was annoying." Hyujin gave a specific judging look at the subject of their conversation. He then snorted, "I bet Jaemin's pen collection from Jeno that Sungchan is somewhat gay."

"Somewhat?" Donghyuck sputtered, a few drops of champagne landing on Beomgyu's face. "Why is there a somewhat?"

"Hey, let me remind you that we aren't some jerks who determine a person's preference and orientation based on how they acts or dress." Jungwon sermoned the group, aware on how their heads were turning. "We must not jump into conclusions."

"The more this goes on, the more we sound like characters from Jane Austen's novel with the way we talk." Yeonjun muttered, noticing how their usual short speeches became lengthier. "Speeking of Jaemin, where is—"

"Winter?" Karina blocked Yeonjun's obnoxious voice and annoying question, pushing Donghyuck to the side by his head and let her eyes search for the former.

She swore she saw Winter. Which was great because she has a justifiable proof on why she would oppose to this agreement.

And she did not wait any longer, taking big and long strides toward the masses of guests and tried navigating her way. She needed to find Winter—if that was Winter.

"Now where is that silly girl going now?" Sunoo asked the group, pushing Donghyuck with his head again to the side. He went on his tiptoes, scanning the crowd. "I can't see her."

Karina pushed through the crowd, ignoring the congratulations and greetings from the guests. She even ignored her mother who was busy talking with Mrs. Jung. Why would she talk with that vicious woman?

She stumbled forward, tripping on her own feet, after fighting her way through some girls who were trying to talk to her. She closed her eyes, gritting her teeth behind her closed lips and awaited the impact.

She expected to meet the cold tiled floor, not warm flesh. She quickly opened her eyes, pushing herself and the person away before wrapping her arms around her shoulders.

"Hey—"

"Yeji?" Karina uttered in total disbelief. How did this person end up here, actually why is this person even here? "What the hell are you doing here?"

Yeji pursed her lips, "I'm working."

"But we didn't hire you." Karina retorted, "you're under qualified."