𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡

Jaemin ran, chest heaving as he took countless of turns. He needed to get away. He needed to get away from wonter and her lying ass. Fuck, he needed to get away from his place.

“aish!” he hissed, tripping on a pebble as he staggered forward.

The street he was running on was dark, void of the working lamposts in the uptown and downtown. This meant he reached the underworld area of their city. The place where the black market was located and crowned as the most dangerous place in their city as most illegal operations were operated here. And those illegal operations also included his family.

He headed to irregular street, passing the usual beggars of the area who all eyed him like he was meat. Then between the two crates that blocked the entrance of a dead end. He heaved a sigh of relief at the sight of a moldy wall. He approached it slowly before feeling its chipped bricks.

“it's not this one...” he panicked. This was the right wall. He can't be wrong. Gosh, he was already in a frenzy and finding the loose—aha! “found it!” he hastily pulled the loose brick before inserting his free hand and took hold of a latch on the other side. He pulled it, earning the sound of chain clicking against each other before the wall started to shake. He retrieved his hand, taking a step back as the wall separated into two and revealed a dimly lit tunnel.

He always hated walking down that tunnel since it remained dark and haunting after the passage closes. But he had no choice. He shook his head, at least his mind was starting to clear. “you can do this jaemin.” he muttered to himself, taking a deep breath before taking two strides forward and into the tunnel. Once his entire body was inside, the wall, or the place rather, started to shake and the two once separated parts of the wall started to move to each other. Like a puzzle piece, the ends mended together and a click soon came after.

That was it. The wall disappeared and so did that sense of faint calmness he had. It was dark, like the lies that was fed in his head minutes ago.

“ah...” jaemin clenched his fists banging it on the sides of his head to get them out. To forget them. He was trying to het rid of the sight of seeing winter with a mohawk and looking exactly like minjeong.

It was not real. Winter was winter, minjeong was minjeong. Winter is Minjeong's twin. Winter is—

“jaemin!”

the bunny felt strong arms wrap around his weak fogure. The arms were familiar, like they have been wrapped around him before. Even the faint scent of perfume was familiar. Jaemin closed his eyes, taking deep breaths, inhaling the faint scent. Jeno.

“jeno,” he called weakly, cranning his neck to look at the older. He opened his half-lidded eyes. “she lied.”

“what?” jeno was confused, but the concern overrided it. Jaemin looked like he was about to have a panic attack. “what do you—”

“minjeong, ” jaemin raised a shaking arm before placing it on top of Jeno’s, hand touching his bicep.

the moment the name slipped, jeno started seething. He knew it. He fucking knew there was something up with that male. He unwrapped one arm from Jaemin's waist before dugging into the pockets of his sweats. Feeling a cylindrical object, he grabbed it before yanking it out. It was Jaemin's ‘vitamins’. He made sure to go to a doctor and request it. He could no longer stand seeing a frail jaemin.

This was not his jaemin. His jaemin was strong-willed and perfect. Not weak and lacking. He opened the container, dumping out an orange pill before presenting it to Jaemin's lips. “take.”

Jaemin shook his head weakly. He didn't want to be forced back. No, even if it was just for a short moment, he felt free. “no. Minjeong is—”

Jeno did wait, shoving down the pill into Jaemin's mouth and forced him to swallow it dry. It would take an hour or two before it would go into full effect but it would be worth it. Seeing jaemin relax assured him the pill was slowly making its way into his system. Thay also meant jaemin was slowly going back into his  right mind.