𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

"I can always ask my mom to sign it for you." Yeji offered, looking up at Winter's pacing figure.

The two girls found themselves in Minjeong's apartment with Minjeong problemizing her parental consent form.

"Can't you just forge your parent's signature?" Yeji asked. She meant, with all the other parental consent forms schools give them, surely Winter tried forgery.

"I...don't know, Ji. I'm trying to live an honest life."

Yeji snorted, "quite hypocritical, don't you think?"

Minjeong stopped pacing, turning to face Yeji with a point on her lips. "I know I'm not living the most honest life in the planet but I just want to keep something real for once."

"I'd suggest have your guardian, my mom, sign it. Parental consent form but I'm sure they'd understand." Yeji countered. Now that she remembered it, it was her mom who usually signed those forms for Winter. Their parents were close and Winter's parents made her mom Winter's official guardian. "The solution is so simple, I don't get why your problemizing it."

Winter sighed. The solution was simple and maybe she was in denial of it was because she missed her parents. Maybe.

She walked to where Yeji sat on the kitchen table. She pulled herself a seat, sitting down on it with a small hiff before laying her right cheek on the cold and smooth surface.

"I miss them." She muttered, feeling slightly dejected. The last time her parents visited was seven years ago during her freshman year. "So much."

Yeji dragged her seat until she sat beside Minjeong. She placed a hand on her back, softly tapping it. "I know you do. I miss them too. I miss aunty's chickpea pie."

Winter scrunched her nose in disgust. Her mom was a decent baker and the chickpea pie was a way for her to give Winter her vegetables. It was just blended chickpea pie with some ground beef as pie filling. It was tasty, if you love chickpeas.

She pushed Yeji's chuckling face and raised her head. "You're disgusting. You can't even finish a single slice because you'd feel nauseous after five bites."

"Excuse me but I can take six bites." Yeji retorted, showing six fingers. "Then we'll down it down with doctor pepper or pepsi."

"Who even drinks pepsi?"

"Plenty of people." Yeji came to the defense of countless pepsi lovers. "At least I don't buy zero sugar coke."

"It says no sugar, meaning no diabetes."

"You make it sound like you don't eat sweets."

"I never said I don't."

Winter stared at Yeji, who did the same, before the girls ended up chuckling, pointing a finger at each other.

"Asshole."

"Soccer-head."

"But you love this soccer-head." Winter smiled, finding it hilarious seeing Yeji fake a snort then turn her head to the side and made gagging noises. "Don't lie, you love me."

"Sure I do." Yeji snickered, pinching Winter's waist. "So, you got in, in the soccer team."

"You can say that." They calmed down a bit.

"Are you," Yeji cautiously started, "scared?"

"Slight," Winter used her thumb and pointer finger to show how slight it was. "The captain has bad blood with a teammate of mine and guess what, that teammate is my classmate who advocates bullying!"