𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

"Woah!"

"Poor Jaemin." Lia grimaced then sipped from the paper straw of her milktea. She scrunched her nose at the weird taste of the paper. "He's probably embarrassed for losing."

"But did you see the kid next to him's kick? Epic!" Ryujin stirred the conversation. Jaemin already had his time in the spotlight. "I just know he's going to be in the team."

Karina hummed and nodded her head. She also had that feeling. She meant, the kid was good, was able to kick the rigged soccerball off the ground a score a goal. The two of that was a sure pass.

She fixed the tablet on her lap. She was tasked by the school to foresee the two-days tryout in the female department, ensuring that no males would cross over the invisible boundary. Not to mention make sure the entire event would go through smoothly.

Ryujin sighed, crossing her right leg over her left leg. "Why are we watching the soccer team again?"

"Which one?" Lia asked. She had a point as they watching both male and female soccer tryouts.

"Both." Ryujin grumbled, eyes set on the moving lightfurry who was busy passing the soccer ball between her feet. She huffed, nose flaring. "Why are we watching Yeji again?"

Lia furrowed her brows, confused. "But we aren't. We're watching the game," she then realized something. She nudged Ryujin's waist with her elbow. "Not the player."

"Who said I was watching the player?" Ryujin turned to face Lia, arching an eye brow upward. "When I have a beautiful spectator right here."

Lia blushed, playfully hitting Eyujin with her milktea cup, the younger chuckling.

Karina rolled her eyes. "Flirts."

The referee blows their whistle, signalling the end of the game. The spectators clapped, some howling and screaming loud cheers in support of the old team members.

And Karina took that cue as the time to talk with the team's current and newly appointed captain, Hwang Yeji. She stood up from the bottom bleachers, taking her time as she approached. Ryujin and Lia followed in suit, fixing their postures like the poised ladies they were.

"Good game." Karina congratulated, standing in front Yeji who was drunking from a warer bottle.

Yeji moved and lowered the water bottle away from her lips, then used her right arm to wipe off the sweat on her forehead. "Sup miss pres! Can I do something for you?"

There's no point of beating around the bush. "Can you confirm how many new members you'll be having?"

"Confirm?" What in the world, Yeji thought. "The tryouts aren't done yet."

"I can tell." Karina muttered under her breath, slightly displeased. "Even so, I need to confirm how many members you'll only be accepting. That way the council can set a proper budget for the team."

Ah, Yeji got it now. "Look, miss pres, see those people?" Yeji made Karina look at the female students who were seated on the grass at the side. "They haven't tried out yet. I can't give a final number because I haven't seen what they've got."

"But that does not mean you can dilly dally." Karina pointed out. "End of the day, I should have the final number of recruits by the end of the day."

Yeji scoffed, side eyeing. "You really want things in a flash, huh?"

"If you can't—"

Yeji stopped Karina there by holding out her water bottle. "I can but I won't. If you can't accept then shoo."

Karina frowned, forehead creasing. "That's not what a captain is supposed to do."

"What do you know about being a captain?" Yeji taunted, crossing her arms over her chest. She took five steps forward until she was chest to chest with Karina

"I know—"

"Yeji, did you see the epic kick from the male soccer team?" Lia was quick to step in (quite literally). "It was epic!"

"You said epic already." Ryujin also stepped in by pulling Lia behind and back into her side. She turned to Yeji whl was glaring at her. "Know who that kid is?"

"I don't know many people from bous high other than the old members of soccer team." Yeji replied.

"Actually, Jaemin shouted his name." Lia recalled.

Yeji quirked a brow. If that was the case then why were they asking her? "Oh, and who is it?" She brought back the water bottle back to her lips, taking sips.

Lia smiled, "Minjeong!"

"Oh my gosh, Karina!"

🧑

"I'd like to disown you but I realize I'm not your mother."

"I didn't expect for them to actually drag you." Yeji painfully smiled as she muttered the reply to Winter, known by the girls as Kim Minjeong.

It was because of an unexpected (and might be coincidental) bumping into each other that caused all of this. Yeji was supposed to go home with Winter and kill some time in the latters apartment until the three devils a.k.a Karina, Lia, and Ryujin suddenly appeared and dragged the two of them into the mall for typical after school fun.

They were now walking to the food court since they were high school students on a (somewhat) budget. The trio were walking ahead while Winter and Yeji walked behind them.

Winter twisted her neck to face Yeji. "Fuck you." She muttered

"Fuck them." Yeji muttered back. Gesturing to the trio. This would not happen if the three knew about minding one's own business.

"So, Minjeong," it was Ryujin who spoke, doing a 360 turn and faced the two best friends as she walked backward. "You and Yeji friends?"

"I mean, if we aren't, why else would sh—I mean he be coming with me?" Yeji hissed in annoyance. Prying asshole.

"I'm not talking to you Hwang." Ryujin hissed, glaring at Yeji.

"And I'm not listening to you." Yeji hissed back.

"Yah, Hwang Yeji!" Winter nudged Yeji to shut up. "And yes, we're friends."

"That's nice." I was Lia who spoke. "Yeji can be a troublemaker and somewhat scary looking, so no one really approaches her."

Winter scoffed, eyeing her best friend up and down. This? Scary? Boy if you only knew. "I'm sure she is."

Lia hummed, "she sure is. Slapped Anabelle into a coma because she kept on talking shit about her."

Okay, that was somewhat possible but surely Yeji didn't slap whoever this Anabelle is into a coma.

"Not to mention how she fought with the principal of JYPU during his visit." Ryujin snickered, remembering the way Yeji did not hesitate to aim at his crouch and kick a soccer ball out it.
thankfully he can still walk."

"He deserved it though," Yeji snorted. "He was making us do some dance—"

"Which we aced!" Lia commented.

Yeji grumbled inaudibly. "Yes, which we aced. But can we stop talking about me? Why not about miss pres? Seeing as she's the only one with an interesting life."

Interesting? Winter would like to scoff or maybe even laugh because if there was someone with an iteresting life, it was hers.

"Me?" Came Karina’s deep voice. She stopped, making all of them stop as well. They were all in front of the food court. She turned half her body to face Minjeong and Winter. "What about Minjeong?"

-𝐭𝐛𝐜-

Hello,  should I stick to calling Winter as Winter or should I make it Minjeong? Maybe still us both, idk. And I recently got back into reading isekai novels, manhwa, and manga. I've written a short summary of one for winrina. Should I do it? Anyway, hi :)

Your thoughts through this link:
https://secretm.me/message.php?id=2t8u0u5n