𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘

“winter, I want you to meet my son, Jaemin. He was quite persistent to be working today.” mrs. Na introduced, looking between the two teens while scratching her nape. She focused on Jaemin, hissing at him.

“hello, winter.” jaemin did a 90 degree bow in respect, surprising winter because jaemin never bowed in that angle unless you were the principal. It was always a half-bow. Jaemin raised and smiled deviously at the girl. “it's a pleasure to finally meet you.”

“finally?” mrs. Na turned to winter with a surprised expression. “you two—”

“mom, Winter's twin is my classmate.”

“twin? But—”

“mrs. Na!” chenle disrupted the moment, barging into the the employee lounge with a bucket full of soapy water and a mop hanging dangerously on his right shoulder. The kid also wore a bright yellow plastic apron and cleaning gloves. “the bathroom is stuck again.”

Mrs. Na scowled, pushing past her son and winter, “who has the nerve to clog my toilet!? Huh?!” she let chenle lead the way to the bathroom, leaving the two teens in the room.

Winter heaved a shaky breath, eyes darting elsewhere, away from jaemin whose own eyes were on her. Out of all days he had to be here, it just had to be when she was working with chenle. Who knows what that dolphine would spout if given the chance.

“I can get why karina is smitten by you, even asking you on a date.” jaemin crossed his arms over his chest, taking big steps toward winter until they were foot to foot. His eyes narrowed. “and I also get why. There's something fishy about you, winter.”

“fishy?” winter chortled, taking a step back. “that must be the grounded tuna I handled earlier.” naevis send help.

Jaemin narrowed his eyes more, making wonter fear that he would end up closing all of it. “uhum...you know minjeong?”

“of course I do! He's my twin!”

“I never said Kim Minjeong.”

Well shit. Why was jaemin so sly with his questions. It was like he knew what to do and what not to do to get an answer from someone. And that terrified winter. Jaemin was sly and he would be sly enough to get an answer from her.

She chuckled awkwardly, scratching her cheek as she focused her gaze at the electric kettle that chenle left on the table. “it's kind of an immediate response for me since you know, he's my twin and all.”

“one of our teacher's name is minjeong.” jaemin retorted, taking a step forward. “and I could have meant him but you instantly said your twin. Are you even twins? ”

Winter's breath hitched, this was it. Jaemin caught her. Wait, not yet. If she confessed and explain maybe he wouldn't report her. Jaemin must have some sympathy, especially to people like her. “look, Jaem—”

“because I swore both of your faces are different.” jaemin did a complete 360, changing his tone and uncrossed his arms and placed them at his side. He had a small pout as he spoke. “you look more hideous in real life.”

Winter blinked, perplexed. She turned to the side, staring at the mini fridge. This was still the same jaemin right? The same jaemin who was suspicious of her. What the hell happened. Did someone flip a switch into his head or something?

“ex-excuse me?” she was baffled, flabbergasted even. She stared at Jaemin, making sure this was the same male that was narrowing his eyes at her minutes ago. “are you...are you okay?”