𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

CW: mention of attempted rape
-> it's not that expounded, just brief mention.

“hear ye, hear ye! It is with great honor—”

Winter stared quizically at yeonjun who stood over her, hands holding a scented special paper with floral designs as he read in a boisterous voice what believed to be an invitation.

She turned her head to face her two friends, staring at the older boy with a puzzled expression. She looked back at yeonjun. “what was that again?”

Yeonjun stopped reading, lowered the card slighly to reveal his annoyed eyes. “Did you fucking not understand what I fucking said?” he really wanted to slap minjeong across the face. He's supposed to be in his homeroom class. “It's a date you idiot.”

“A date?” taehyun asked, perplexed, brows meeting at the center of his forehead. “from who?”

Yeonjun huffed, closing the card before tucking it under his arm. “none of your business. Now, if you excuse me. I have a mountain to climb to reach my homeroom class.”

Winter wondered why Karina suddenly asked her out for a date. It was not hard to figure out who sent yeonjun and the card. She meant, she could sense Karina was somewhat extra. Not to mention who she's friends with.

She picked up her backpack, placing it on her desk before unzipping it open. Their Chemistry laboratory session just ended. Which was hell by the way. Their professor was so cynical with their experiment that it was annoying and exhausting. She needed to relax, it's not like Jaemin was going to set the lab on fire.

Soobin slumped in his seat, letting out a tired groan. He rubbed the right cheek of his butt. “Chem prof. Is a pain. I get she wants us safe but sitting on that stool of her is making my ass hurt.”

“please,” taehyun was busy reading their school paper, eyes on the in-campus news page that was full of Jaemin's written articles. How fitting. “she's only like that because the old science building went boom.”

“jaemin?” winter shouldn't be surprised, being in the same batch during lab time. He was that mad scientist no one (except for jeno) wanted to pair with. It didn't help he was seated at the back of the lab bear the fire extinguisher.

Taehyun nodded his head, turning the pages of the school paper to the first page where the names of the school paper staff were placed. He showed the page to them, pointer finger on Jaemin's picture. Under it was “NEWS WRITER” written in bold times new roman font size 15. Why does taehyun know that? He helped in layouting it.

Winter furrowed her brows. “Jaemin is a news writer? The editor at that. How? Isn't news like, based on facts?”

“he's like the biggest gossiper in school.” soobin reminded, also remembering the gossip his overheard back in the cafeteria about jaemin and hendery planning on splitting. “how is he—”

“his gossip comes from legit sources. Like, factual sources.” taehyun replied. It was one of the many wonders their school. “Like, it's not normal gossip, it's factual gossip. You guys know Byun Baekhyun?”

The two shook their heads no.

“He's an alumni in our academy. Before he graduated last year, there was this rumor he was dating a medical student—which was true! Haemin confirmed it via voice record which he shared over the school intercom. Everyone knew about it and putcasted him. And that was like, a month before graduation.” taehyun took a deep breath in and out before continuing, “he almost didn't graduate. The teachers weren't happy of knowing a student of their was dating someone relatively older than them.”

“so Jaemin,” in conclusion, according to soobin, “is one nosy bunny.” taehyun nodded his head, confirming.

Winter paled. Jaemin had enough proof to ruin her. What if she doesn't end up graduating and being blacklisted to every school in their city. The horror of having to repeat a grade. Not to mention the offense tainting her school records.

She glanced over at Jaemin, who was busy writing down something in his journal. She just relaized it, jaemin always had his journal out in between classes and break time. She wondered what was inside. Maybe she could sreal it and—

She shook her head no. She's already in deep trouble. If she were to be caught (again), who knows what jaemin would resort to.

“I'm dead.” she mumbled, laying his chin on top of her bag that toppled over backwards.

Taehyun snorted beside her, “and you just noticed that now? Be thankful jaemin seems to be in a normal mood.”

Winter moved to rest on her left cheek, staring at jaemin who was still busy writing on his journal. He was relatively normal. No sudden outburst and insults thrown at her way. Almost as if he forgot she and her crime existed. She wished it woukd be like that always.

Was it bad she wished he would have amnesia? Maybe.

“so, ” soobin drummed his fingers on his desk, somewhag giddy. “are you going out to that date of yours? Who is it?” the tallest was now intrigued. “is it a guy?”

Taehyun scoffed again at Soobin's obliviousness. “it's obviously Karina. She's—” he was quick to clamp his mouth shut, breath hitching as he watched jeno enter the exit door. The guy took a quick glance over them, eyes narrowing before turning away, walking to his seat beside jaemin.

Taehyun let out a sigh of relief, seeong jeno busy himself woth petting Jaemin's hair, ignoring the way jaemin stiffened up. Why? He does not know. “God, sometimes I'd like to think Jaemin doesn't actually like jeno and is just sticking around because he's scared.”

Winter observed as jeno animatedly talked to jaemin, not letting jaemin utter as response. She couldn't brush off the way jeno was staring at Jaemin’s journal. It was like he wanted it gone.

She sat up straight, taking her bag by its handle before placing it down on the floor. “me too.”

🧑

“welcome to my humble abode.” karina greeted, opening the door of her room while in her wool pajamas. She had a wide smile on her face as she welcomed winter inside the house. She led the girl to the kitchen where the rest of gucci gang, minus jaemin, were busy making snacks. All of them adorned themselves in wool pajamas.

“sit.” karina pulled put a stool for winter, kicking it toward her before joining donghyuck on the stove. She pushed the sun aside, taking the hot pan off the stove and onto the marble island, presenting it to winter. “eat.”

“karina,” donghyuck turned off the stove, the left side of his body against the edge of the counter. “that fish is raw the same way I get done.”

Xiaojun scrunched his nose, busy preparing the mugs he would use for the orea mug cake he would make. Hopefully it would succeed this time. “bitch, you didn't get laid by mark. The last you did was like, two years ago, and you two don't even have a lable.”

Winter's eyes widen. Why is it everytime she is near them, somesort of rea is smilled. Like mark (although he isn't that relevant), the hockey team captain, was screwing around with donghyuck.

Winter cleared her throat, “wait, really? I thought he was screwing around that girl from—”

“from girl's high? Bah!” donghyuck gagged, ussdenly pointing the spatula he was using for fish at minjeong. “he ain't straight like a watermelon.”

“but watermelons are round.” winter replied back.

“that's what I said.” donghyuck huffed before pushing himself off the side counter and walking out of the kitchen.

“karina, where you want me—” sunoo yurned around, surprising winter as she stared at his face being covered by a face mask. He quirked a brow behind the mask. “what? Never saw a guy wearing a face mask?”

“Here win—I mean, minjeong.” karina passed winter the bowl full of buttered and cheese popcorn.

The group moved from the kitchen to the spacious living room. Karina and winter were sitting on the loveseat, the two sharing a bowl of popcorn. On the floor in front of them were beomgyu, sunoo, and jungwon, the three munching on the chocolate jeno sent over for jaemin. On the couch facing the tv were donghyuck, leg thrown over xiaojun who sat between him and hyunjin. Yeonjun sat on Jaemin's recliner, seeing as the bunny was absent and he had no where else to rest his butt.

“why did you suddenly ask me out on a date?” was this even a date? Winter asked in her head. She munched on the popcorn, staring at Karina’s side profile.

“I wouldn't really call it a date.” sunoo answered for karina, turning his head to look over his shoulder and at the girl and boy. He still had his face mask on. “we're like here.”

“it's Friday.” karina replied, smiling at the scene of Mulan being bathed the song “Bring honor to us all” played. “It's our de-stress tradition. You deserve to—”

“Jaemin bailed on us again so since we're petty gucci wannabes, we decided to replace him with you.” donghyuck revealed, tossing the remote to yeonjun who turned up the volume since beomgyu's  voice grew lounder than the tv's. “Jaemin's been a bitch by the way. Sorry not sorry on your part.”

“hyuck.” karina hissed, eyes narrowing as a warning. “don't be rude.”

“it's fine.” winter reassured the girl. No one should be sorry if jaemin was being, in donghyuck's words, a bitch. She deserve it anyway. “he has a reason.”

“which he won't share to us.” donghyuck sneer disdainfully. Beside him, xiaojun and hyunjin shared knowing looks. It's sad how donghyuck was last to the news. “I'm also calling jeno a bitch. Next is kun. Those three are literal devils.”

“you do realize xiaojun is here and can report you, right?” hyunjin reminded but got dismissed as donghyuck started cussing out the people he hated from their academy. It was brief for each person, except for mark lee who he was cursing to back to the pits of hell where he belongs.

“jeno knows something.” karina suddenly said, interrupting donghyuck and causing everyone to turn their heads and attention to her. “something that is holding both minjeong and jaemin back.”

Yeonjun snorted, “Like what? Some photo or video footage that could get them kicked out?”

Winter winced. That was what jeno exactly have against her. She can't move against him. One snap and her future is over.

“I'm guessing you guys don't know this,” xiaojun pushed himself off the couch's backrest, perching both his elbows on Donghyuck's leg. He intertwined his finger before pressing them against his lips. “jaemin was almost raped.”

-𝐭𝐛𝐜-

I finally got to write and publish this. Huhu I've been having problems with my lessons. Curse pre-calculus and general mathematics for making it that way. Anyway, idk again if I can update for this week. This is supposed to be for this week. Pray that I jave some free time to spare for this week. Hi:)