𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

Winter was relieved, beyond relieved really after the sudden interruption. She looked behind her, seeing a familiar set of eight heads cheering at the back. It was gucci gang and they managed to save the day. She caught Xiaojun giving her a thumbs up. Looking back up front, Winter settled comfortably on her seat.

Beside her Taehyun shook his head, having heard Donghyuck's loud cheer. It was all Beomgyu's doing. For once the idiot did something right.

Meanwhile, Soobin was dying from embarrassment. He knew it was gucci gang. He meant, what group was crazy enough to go against the school council bravely? He's just relieved that Yeonjun and Beomgyu didn't resort to fighting in the auditorium.

Winter's gaze fell on Jaemin. Her breath hitched, and seeing the bunny's chest start to heave rapidly, he was fiddling with his fingers. “Shit.” she muttered, close to standing up, “He's going to break down.”

“Just what are you doing?” Kun hissed getting off the platform and grabbing Jaemin his shoulders. He glared daggers at his successor. “Don't tell me you're protecting that liar.”

Jaemin tried his best to calm his breathing. He was panicking, not going to lie. He was Jaemin, not Junior, Jaems, Minie, or even Nana. He was going to face Kun, his own tormentor. “I am.” He voice was soft but firm, he stared back at kun with determination. “I'm not going to let you destroy her future. ”

Kun scoffed, “She lied to you.”

“And so did you.” Jaemin spat, “You said you'd never make your successor.” he hated the idea of having to follow someone's footsteps. He was aware of the responsibilities that would fall once had that title. He didn't want that. “You promised that if I help you, you would give me the power I need to survive this school.”

“And that's what I'm doing.” Kun snarled, “The ultimate power is if you have my position. No one can touch you for two years.”

Jaemin scoffed. No one can touch him? The rumors circulating about him were extreme. They called him a psycho, a freak that was made into Kun pet and servant. “They still do.”

“They do?” Kun scoffed, “No one has—”

“Kun, take this.” Ten came in between them, handing Kun a megaphone. It was obvious everyone was wondering why the president was holding his successor by the shoulder, looking mad. He removed Kun's hands off Jaemin's shoulder and spun him around by his shoulders before making him step back on the ambo. “Go on.”

Jaemin eyed Ten, “Ten—”

Ten raised his hand at Jaemin. “We'll talk about this later.”

Kun examined the foreign device in his hands. Jaemin was the one who always used this. “Hello?” he spoke to the microphone, hearing no echo in his voice. He twisted it around again, spotting a small switch. He flicked it upward and heard a small buzz after. He placed the microphone against his lips. “Hello, hello.”

There it is, it was working.

He straightened his back, going back to settle his gaze on Winter, his offender. “As I was saying, it has come to my attention that some of you have forgotten about our rules. I'd like to make an example of one of you. Let's see, based on the records, this person is due to expulsion for breaking one of the rules. I'd like to point out that no investigation will take place for their offense. Let's see,” he scanned the crowd, acting as if he was finding the culprit. He knew where winter sat, center seats, third row and third column. “Ah, here we are. Let me call on—”

❝Kun Qian!❞

🧑

“Just what is going on?” Jungwon muttered,  head turned like the rest of the spectators to the door of the auditorium. Jeno, who had been missing in action for days now, had slammed the door open for his grand entrance, screaming Kun's name after.

Xiaojun narrowed his eyes, seeing another person behind Jeno but he couldn't tell who it was because of the glare of the sun. But their silhouette did look familiar. “Is that—”

“Oh my fucking god,” Beomgyu gawked, the palm of his hands against his two cheeks. “It's silly girl!”

Jeno walked down the carpet stairs and headed to the stage. He had a deep glare as he stared at Kun who was perplexed at his presence. He stopped by Winter's row.

“Come on,” Jeno beckoned her to stand up and follow him. She did, afraid he'd get mad at her if she didn't. “You started this mess so you'll end it.”

“Jeno, what's the meaning of this?” Kun was gritting his teeth in frustration. Everyone was trying to stop him and it was becoming annoying. He would glance at the dean who was displeased. “Didn't I send you to SMU.”

“News flash, pres,” Jeno mocked, now on stage. He eyed the megaphone in Kun's hands. “You failed. Seems like you're not the best a hiding your own trace.”

Kun spluttered, “Excuse me? Are you accusing me?”

“Yes, I am.” Jeno snatched the megaphone from Kun's hands, bringing the microphone close to his lips. “Dear student of Shang Academy Boys High. As Kun said before, this talk is about yhe rules and regulations of our school. Now, we are aware we sometimes break these rules such as the no interacting with those from the girls academy to cheating.”

Jeno eyed Winter who he made stand beside Jaemin. She broke already these two rules. “Then another is the one about cross-dressing.”

Winter shouldn't have hoped Jeno would change. He still hated her. Jeno was going to expose her. It was now or never. He'd take this chance to bring her down.

“Minjeong-ah,” Jaemin called softly, holding her hand and gave it a light squeeze for comfort. “It's going to be okay.”

“But—”

“You have Karina, me, gucci gang, taehyun, Soobin, hendery, and yeji.” Jaemin reminded, “We'll make sure you'll graduate with a clean slate.”

“But I think out of all the rules and regulations in our handbook, the ones that are for the council members are the heaviest. Remember, they're our role models.” Jeno started walking on stage, once in a while making a contact with Kun who stood there frozen, seething. He just loved Kun's decorum. “It just so sad that it's the same members who've broken these rules.”

He stopped at the left side of the stage. “Article one, section one under the SSC rules and responsibilities. It stated: the student council members, especially the president, must not ignore any offense he/she may have witnessed. The severity of the offense must not be ignored. They must immediately report it to the higher ups of the school such grade coordinators, faculty, principal, and dean. Failure to comply will cause the school to conduct an investigation on the council member to be followed by a dismissal of their position and suspension. The duration of their suspension will vary and be based on the severity of the offense they ignored. For the president, he/she will be dismissed by his duty and thereby expelled without consideration and investigation.”

“I'm surprised Jeno actually memorized that.” Hyunjin muttered with awe, checking the section that Jeno mentioned with his phone. “It's word for word.”

“I did no such thing!” kun exclaimed, stomping his feet on the ambo. “This is tarnation. You are ruining my image.”

“You ruined it first.” Jeno remarked. He hasn't even mentioned a name but Kun was already exposing himself. “Two years ago, an accident occurred. This accident scared one of the core members of the extended council, Jaemin. He was almost raped on school grounds. ”

The audience gasped, looking amongst themselves while muttering, “Who could do such thing?”

Jaemin suddenly fell to his knees, his body shaking as the memory resurfaced. The hands that were touching him in places. The kisses that were placed against his collarbones and neck. The clothes that were starting to disappear.

“Jaemin!” Winter crouched down beside Jaemin, hands on his shaking shoulders. “Stay with me.”

“Stop, stop...” he whimpered, closing his eyes as he cradle his head. It was all coming back. The way they whispered how they would defile him that day. “Go away. Help...help...”

“Don't act like you're innocent yourself, Jeno.” Kun sneered, getting off the ambo and stalked over to Jeno.

“I'm not,” jeno stated, “because I was the one who asked Brad and his friends to do that to jaemin.”

Winter had to grab Jaemin by his shoulders to prevent him from falling forward. She started rubbing circles on his back. “Breath, Jaemin. Breath.”

“Kisses...clothes...hands....” Jaemin was growing delirious.

Winter stared worriedly at Jaemin. He may have tormented her but she had a heart. She looked up and to Jeno, giving him a stern look. He needed to stop.

“And I'm ready to face the consequences of that.” Jeno looked at Jaemin, seeing his fallen and distraught figure. He was sorry, but he was too late. He looked back at the audience. “Jaemin's savior was supposed to be me, but it did not happen. Kun was the savior. ”

Kun tried to snatch the megaphone, but Hendery stood in front of him, arms stretched at his side and would move to the side he would move to. “Let me pass, Hendery.”

Hendery shook his head no. “The truth of what you ignored for Jaemin should be revealed.”

Kun snarled, “Why are you helping Jeno? He's—”

“Based on the rules, Kun should have reported this accident to the higher ups, but instead he chose not to. It's been two years but only he, I, jaemin, brad and his friends, and our own friends who knew about it.”

Kun was fuming, face turning red. He shoved Hendery out of the way, charging at Jeno. He snatched the megaphone from Jeno and brought the microphone close to his lips. “You have no evidence that I did so. This is defamation. I did no such— ”

“I propose you a deal.”

“What is it?”

“This will help him with his DID. For the PTSD I know a psychologist. But, I need something in return.”

“What is it?”

“Keep Jaemin in a leash under the impression that I am unaware of the act you caused. Control him until I graduate. Make sure he knows his place, under me. Got it?”

Kun snarled at Jeno. “How dare you! I did no such—”

“I'm giving you until Friday before the general assembly to leave. If I don't hear anything about you leaving, I will not hesitate to expose you to the entire student population and academy higher-ups, got me?!”

Kun widened his eyes. He could say it was not him with the first recording but this one he couldn't. He turned around, seeing the single cause of this.

“Minjeong,” he glowered, stomping his way to the girl. “I should have—”

❝ENOUGH!❞ The dean had stood up from his seat the front seat. His eyes were narrowed at the students on stage, specifically on the student president he trusted. He left his spot, walking up the stage.

“Dean.” Ten and Doyoung greeted, bowing at him. Jeno  and Hendery did the same as they approached the man who had stopped in front of the fallen Minjeong and Jaemin.

“Dean,” Kum greeted, “If you excuse me, I will deal with this accordingly. I will—”

“That would be enough Qian.” the dean sneered, authority laced in his voice. “I believe we have something to talk about in my office after this ceremony.” He looked behind the council president and at the boy behind him. “You as well. We have a lot of things to discuss.” he was about to say more when he heard loud whimpers behind him. He turned around, sighing.

“I'd like to talk with all the people involved in this case and can someone take jaemin to the nurse? Or the psychiatrist. Jesus, this school was better as a co-ed one.”

-𝐭𝐛𝐜-

 👁👄👁

👁👄👁