𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

CW: humiliation
Bullying/harassment
mention of death threats

She was fucked and she already accepted it. Winter knew the truth was bound to come into light. She thought of it being something she would peacefully explain to taehyun and soobin, jaemin and jeno, karina, and maybe gucci gang. But it so happened that jaemin was first to find out and end up furious.

Which she understands as it was justifiable. Imagine being lied to, played with for a good term for jaemin. If she were in his shoes, she'd be furious as well. They were friends, right? Friends don't usually lie to each other.

Not that did not stop her from fearing what jaemin could do with the truth. That kim minjeong of class 10 G was biologically a girl. Would he use it to control her? Possibly. It was jaemin we are talking about, he knows how to use things to his advantage.

Or would he report her to their prinicipal and get her kicked out? That was the worst. She can't be expelled, and an offense as this one can cause her to be blacklisted. She can't enroll into another school in their area.

“oh my god.” winter cradled her head between her fingers. “I am dead.”

She could always plead, going down to her knees and worship the feet jaemin was standing on. To plead him not to expose her. She'd do anything.

But what if jaemin would ask her to drop out and leave their city? She can't do that. She's got nowhere else to go.

“hey!” yeji snapped her fingers in front of a daze winter. The girl called her to her apartment. She expected the other to be fretting over her hair or her problems as a male, not spacing out with drool running at the side of her mouth. “you okay?”

Was she? Of course not! “yes, I'm alright.” she forced herself to smile. Yeji has been helping her from the start, she can't ask for help again. Maybe it was the feeling of shame. “how's life?”

“fine.” yeji nonchalantly shrugged her shoulders, leaning back to the headrest of Winter's couch. “karina isn't being a bitch. Ryujin is busy with lia, and yeah. I'm fine. You?”

“tired.” winter grumbled, rubbing her face with the palms of her hands. She was tired of hiding, lying, pretending, and now she was tired of having to deal the fruits of her labor. “jaemin is being an ass.” like he was before. “I just want to—”

“the exams are coming up.” yeji suddenly mentioned, sitting up straight again. “we're fucked.”

Winter quirked a brow, sitting up straight as well. “and why is that?”

“it's the major exams. From what I heard, the school is going to conduct this big one day exam that would tell them which student to drop out for next year. Only the top one hundred could remain while the rest would be forced to drop out for the next school year.” yeji explained.

It was a sudden change. While their academy conducted four quarterly exams each academic school year, it was the final exams that students strived to perform greatly. It was the exam that would prove that they were eligible to enroll for the next school year in the academy. However, this year the academy suddenly decided to conduct the final(thus major) exam in the middle of the school year. The reason? No one knows.

“I heard it was an idea from the boys high.”

Maybe winter had an idea who would suggest the change. Jaemin, and that name made winter whine in her head. The male was adamant to have her leave the school. She wouldn't be surprised if jaemin would have her leave the city because of his pettiness.

“it's probably Jaemin's.” winter muttered to yeji. “that guy has a strong hold on the school board, the entire school really.”

“and I wonder why.” yeji mumbled back. Jaemin, as far as the public knew, came from a upper-middle class family. Despite the number of businesses they ran, they were not one oart with the elites of their city. Said elites were the jungs, zhongs, yu, and suhs. “blackmail?”