Chapter 9.

*Raquel's POV*

Peter  (T) and I are standing at the top of a cliff, with a beautiful bright orange sunset on the horizon of a dark blue ocean in front of us.

"I've missed you." I hold onto my precious Peter as tight as I can.

"I've missed you more." He kisses me. "I'm here now."

"MJ-" I let go of his kiss.

"She's safe." He attempts to kiss me again.

"You grabbed her hand Peter.." I fall into a whisper, backing away.

"I love YOU." He looks into my eyes, holding my hands. "It will always be you."

I manage a smile.

"Do you trust me?" He whispers.

Before I could answer, he wraps his arms around my waists, and we both fall off the cliff, onto the dark blue waters of the ocean.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"AHHHHHHHH!" I wake up, my heart beats rapidly, sweat drenches all over my face and body, scaring myself in real life.

Peter (A) is beside me, trying to grab ahold of my arms, trying his best to calm me down.

I take notice that I wake up from the couch in the loft area upstairs, as he now places both of his hands on top of my shoulders to get my attention.

"Hey, hey, hey. Look at me." He instructs.

I do so, still breathing heavily.

"It's okay, you're okay." He assures me. "It's just a bad dream."

"Were you here this whole time?" I wondered.

"Just a few minutes ago. You were talking in your sleep." He explains. "You were twitching a lot. I got concerned. So I uh... came beside the couch and stayed till you relaxed."

I look at the loft's clock behind him. "It's like 3 am. You're still awake?"

"I uh..." He looks back at his bedroom and then to me. "I've been up, yeah."

"Can't sleep?" I pull myself up, sitting on the couch.

"I'm trying to make progress." He takes his hands off my shoulders and rubs his eyelids.

"Progress?"

"I'm still doing research on trying to get you back to him." He sighs exhaustively. "It's tougher than I thought."

I sigh, disbelief of his commitment in helping me.

"Peter..." I whisper, trying to wipe off some of the sweat off of my neck. "You are doing way more than you should. You really don't have to. You should get some sleep."

"Look, I know you don't want to stay here any longer." He speaks some realism, trying to hide his frown. "You're lost, scared, and ...hurt. So yeah, I will do whatever it takes to help you."

I begin to cry. I tried to stay strong, be all cool with this traveling to the multiverse thing, finding Peter (T), dealing with MJ. But Peter (A) is reading my thoughts too easily. And I'm somewhat impressed. Deep down, I AM terrified, confused, overthinking, and extremely hurt. My frustration can sometimes turn to anger, and I wanted to scream and punch someone at how bizarre and unfair this whole situation has been for me. I just wanted to be a nurse, and be married to a man I love, who didn't mind the busy career I would have had. To one day have kids, and live in peace.