Chapter 42.

*Raquel's POV*

I cry in frustration, feeling the tip of another gun behind my head. Two of Harry's men, carry me away from my dad.

"Try to fight us honey, and he'll pull the trigger." One of them threatens, putting my bloody hands from my dad's wound, behind my back.

"No...no..." I whimper hopelessly, watching dad fight for his life, struggling to grasp any air left.

"AHHH!" I scream in pain, feeling the tightness of the rope pressing against the cuts that are already on my wrists from being tied earlier.

"YOU'VE MADE YOUR POINT HARRY!" I scream at him. I get his attention and he jerks his head back at me.

"I need you to shut your mouth." He snares and walks back at both Peters.

"PETER!!!" I cry out their names again.

"MMMMMM!" I shriek, annoyed that one of Harry's men wraps duck tape on my mouth once again.

Peter (T) moves his fingers a bit, rises up, sharply inhaling for air. He looks around, blinks a few times, and understands where he's at. He crouches down in a spider-like position, his eyes enraged at Harry.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk." Harry shakes his head and points to me, knowing Peter (T) is ready to take everyone down. "If you take one more step...she dies."

"MMMMM! MMMMM!" I cry, as his men drag me to the edge of the skyscraper.

"WAIT! WAIT!" Peter (T) screams for his life.

"THEN QUIT FIGHTING, PETER." Harry shouts back, gesturing his hand, signaling his men to stop dragging me. "MY PATIENCE IS RUNNING OUT!"

"Alright." Peter (T) sighs in defeat. "I'll stop."

I furrow my eyebrows, perplexed at what just happened.

What is he DOING.

No.

He can't join Harry's team and help protect a PSYCHO.

He can't help Harry get away with this.

He can't.

I won't allow it.

"Just keep her alive, damn it." Peter (T) tears up, pointing at me. "Leave her out of this. Please."

I shake my head, disapproving his choice. Trying to signal him to fight back Harry and call it a day.

Thick tears stream down Peter's (T) reddened face. "I love you too much...to let anything happen to you. Do you understand?" He tells me.

Now I feel my tears coming in, disbelief of the measures he's taking to keep me alive. My heart grows heavy, watching him surrender, raising his arms up, and slowly walking towards Harry's side.

I notice that I'm still close to the edge of the skyscraper. The sudden intimation I feel, looking down, made me nauseous.

We are literally touching the sky, alright.

Harry's face gloats on his win, and looks back at me with a small sinister smile.

Out of nowhere, the city's SWAT team hovers their helicopter around us.

It was about time they came.

"THIS IS YOUR FIRST AND LAST WARNING, HARRY."

I look up and see Detective Coleman at the edge of the helicopter, with a megaphone. "PLEASE DON'T MAKE THINGS WORSE THAN IT ALREADY IS FOR YOU." Detective Coleman continues. "SURRENDER YOURSELF!"