Chapter 27.

*Raquel's POV*

As soon as I let go of Peter's (A) kiss, the nurse knocks on the chapel door, gesturing me that I needed to go back to my hospital room.

Peter (A) grabs my hand and arms, helping me head back upstairs.

"I'm sorry for this." He takes notice of my stomach area.

We exit the elevators as I see my dad off to the side of the hallway in another business call.

"It wasn't your fault-"

"I shouldn't have fought with Peter. I should have known better." Peter (A) mentions Peter (T). "We both should have."

"It already happened." I point out. "Just...don't try to kill each other anymore."

"We'll try." He winks, joking around, opening the hospital room door for me.

If only he knew how horrific it was to see them fight. Glaring darkly, seeing each other as the villain. Wanting to get rid of the other version of themselves so bad.

All for what?

For me?

My heart falls a little heavy at the thought of that. The world needs superheroes, and especially ones where they don't get carried away over a girl they love. They shouldn't, but they are. A slight guilt creeps up in my system and I'm interrupted by Peter's (A) gesture to help me lay on the hospital bed.

"What happened to team Peter huh?" Dad sings his way through the room and glances at Peter (A). "You and Ben here, a thing now?"

"Art." Mom calls out dad. "Please don't do this now."

"It's just a question." Dad rolls his eyes.

"Maybe." I feel myself blush.

I almost forgot that dad only knows Peter (A) by 'Ben'.

"Whatever choice you make, I'll support ya." Dad caves in. "Only for the sake of not arguing with your mother about this."

Mom scoffs at him.

"Dad, it's all complicated. You don't know what's going on, so will you please butt out?" I grunt.

"I can handle complicated." Dad shrugs, quickly texting on his phone and putting it away. "I most certainly had my own fair share of a love triangle with your mom, myself."

"ART." Mom exclaims. "That's enough."

"What? Mom? In a love triangle?" I nudge my head with perplexity.

"It's a long story." Mom sighs, and starts pushing dad out of the room. "Your dad needs to know his place first before he starts bluntly stating things like this-"

"HOLD ON." Dad stops at the door, pulls out a gold, metallic envelope.

He hands it over to me, and winks at Peter (A).

"You may be Peter's brother-half brother-or whatever," Dad speaks to Peter (A). "And even though, my wife just filled me in a moment ago that they both basically broke up, I still gotta know you first. Know what I mean, Ben?"

"Dad." I interrupt, knowing he's trying to threaten Peter (A). "What is this?"

I show dad the envelope.

"I understand what you mean." Peter (A) calmly states. "I would love to get to know you as well."

"Lunch, two Saturdays from now, you and I, at the Briscalla restaurant." Dad gets to the point. "12 pm, wear business casual, I'll be having a business meeting. Want you to be there. Unfortunately, my schedule is kind of full and this is the best I can do to fill you in and make time for you. Yeah?"