Chapter 37.

*Raquel's POV*

I wake up the next morning, to find Peter (A) standing by the bedroom window with my favorite: pink daises. Looks like he had a rough night fighting crime. He remains in his Spider-Man suit, without his mask. His face was slightly covered in grease and dirt. I get off the bed, and attack him with a hug.

"Oh!" He winces in pain, as I see he has a slight cut on the right side of his chest.

"Peter..are you okay?" I grow concerned, heading straight to the hallway to find a first aid kit.

"Yeah-yeah, i-it's just a scratch." He chuckles and coughs a bit.

I come out with the first aid kit and notice how much blood is flowing out from the wounded area.

"PETER!" I panic, going through his dresser to pull out a thick wash cloth and press on the wound. He squeals a bit.

"Why didn't you go to the hospital?!" I scold.

"I got you these." He hands me the flowers as we sit on the bed.

His blood is now on my hands, as I panic even more to try and stop the bleeding.

"So you would rather get me flowers than go to the hospital?"

"I thought the scratch wasn't that bad."

"I need to get Aunt May-"

"No...she's at work."

"Ugh, well you need to be stitched up and I-" I rush, opening the first aid kit. "I've...never done it."

"You went to nursing school though." He manages a smile.

"Yeah, for a short while, and then I quit, remember?" I grab ahold to the right tools inside the kit.

"You volunteered with Aunt May." He points out, trying to get up.

I push him back, "I've seen stitches done! It doesn't mean I actually did them! I want to be a nurse, not a doctor, Peter!"

I tremble at the gashed wound and look back at the needle and thread.

"I can't do this. We need to go to the hospital." I attempt to put the items away, but he takes my hand.

"There's no time. I can't swing, Aunt May's at work, and took the only car. I'd rather have you not call 911-considering you know, I'm still in my suit. Don't really want the whole world to know that I'm-"

"Ugh, I don't want to get you infected!" I shriek. "I don't want to accidentally kill my boyfriend-let alone, kill Spider-Man!"

"Hey-hey..." He places his hand on my cheek, trying to calm me down. "I trust you-"

"Well maybe you shouldn't! I-I don't trust myself."

"You've seen people get stitched up, you can do your best. I know you can." He meets my eyes and suddenly, the panic escapes.

There was something in his eyes, that was filled with integrity, so much security, that my ears found it difficult to not listen to him.

"I trust you." He repeats in a serious tone. "You're a lot more capable than you think."

"I hate you right now." I pout.

"I know." He playfully winks.

I begin to shake, but I take a deep breath and watch my hands steady. He's right. I've seen this done..almost hundreds of times. There's no time to waste. I manage to place the thread in the needle, puncture right through his skin, and begin stitching.