Chapter 14.

*Third Person POV*

Dr. Roberts brings good news to MJ and Peter (T), as they wait anxiously with the other Spider-Man (Tobey), in the doctor's kitchen. Peter (T) and MJ managed conversations, but there was still slight tension between them.

MJ breathes a sigh of relief knowing that Dr. Roberts announced he's found a way to get her back home. Peter manages to stay happy for her, and thinks of what to say to Raquel when the doctor finds her multiverse. Meanwhile, MJ notices that Peter's expression of distress, is almost making him sick.

Peter (T) hovers over to the sink, runs the water, taking deep breaths.

He feels a slight touch on his left shoulder as a sense of calmness spreads throughout his body.

Him and MJ lock eyes, filled with despair, relief, and...love.

MJ catches on, and quickly looks over to the kitchen table instead.

"I guess...this is goodbye. Again." She mumbles.

She takes her hand off his shoulder, trying to hide her tears.

His heart grows heavy, feeling the same pain he once felt when he let her go the first time.

They both knew what had to be done.

"I'm sorry for everything." He tries to hold his tears back as well. "You deserve better."

She nods and pulls out a sarcastic smile. "I think you were 'the better', ...Peter."

She hugs him tightly, smelling his warm scent, the side of her cheeks tickled by the ends of his hair. She quickly sniffs, noticing that her tear drops landed on his shoulder.

"I forgive you for everything." She whispers in his ear and pecks a kiss on his cheek.

Peter is overwhelmed by her goodness, her forgiveness, her radiance. How extremely bad and extremely gracious she could be. He has missed this for so long. Her beauty, her voice, her smile, ....her love.

They let go of the hug, as his eyes lay on her lips. He bites his and looks away, trying to resist the temptation. He forces the reality to his heart; the reality of the choices he has made and that things are just too late now. The choices that lead him to hurting others, especially another who he neither knows is dead or alive.

She steps aside, straightens out her shoulders, expressing alacrity for finally returning home.

Both of them along with the other Spider-Man (Tobey) head up the stairs and are awestruck by the sudden chromed like features of Dr. Roberts' laboratory. The whole upstairs was pretty much his lair. A normal house loft and bedrooms, were gone.

His cats of all kinds, surround them. They were in every inch of his lab, tools, and paperwork were all over a grand metaled desk that was in the center of the room.

"If you could oh so please be careful where you step." Dr. Roberts grabs one of his kittens away from MJ's area.

"So... how will I be going home?" MJ scratches her head in confusion.

Dr. Roberts sways his hand over to a corner, to introduce the being that would make it easier to open portals.

"Dr. Strange..." Peter gulps.

Dr. Strange walks closer to them in pure annoyance and exhaustion as it looked like he had just battled a war. Slight cuts and dirt appear on his face.

"Oh hey... I remember you!" The other Spider-Man (Tobey) points out.