Chapter 38.

*Raquel's POV*

So far, I liked the nursing program at NYU in Peter's (A) universe. Obviously I needed to have an actual record of my identity to even apply. That part was tricky, but Peter (A) didn't make it seem impossible. Aunt May was slightly disappointed that we needed to head back to my universe so soon, but regardless, she was still thrilled at Peter and I finally being together.

We gather our things, and meet at the middle of his bedroom. He looks at his watch.

"Uh-Shouldn't we use the machine...downstairs?" I remind him of the machine he built.

"We can." He nods, and looks back to his watch. "But maybe-"

"Oh okay, yes. Try the watch. Maybe that will work. It worked coming here though!" I point out.

"Would it work the same...going back?" He takes the risk anyway and presses on the crown of the watch again.

We return to my living room, as I nod at him in astonishment.

"Looks like it does." I answer his question. "Don't know why you doubt yourself sometimes. I'm telling you, you are...amazing."

"Thanks." He blushes and turns away.

I walk to my window and see a couple of black SUVs parked at the back side of the apartment. One of the guys came outside of the car, inserting a magazine onto his gun. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Another guy comes out from the same vehicle, wearing the same black suit as the other, but carries an assault rifle. They kind of looked like security...but it seemed a little too suspicious.

"Peter-"

"What's this?" Peter closes the front door.

Looks like he quickly came back in from getting the mail. He notices an envelope, nicely sealed in wax, and a small package with it.

"I didn't know you already got the mail." I clear my throat.

"Yeah...I did." He opens the envelope.

"You're opening my mail now?" I joke.

"It's...for me." He blinks.

I quickly walk back to the window, still worried at the fact that there are armed men right outside my apartment. It looked like they were gone. Yet, the vehicles were still parked.

"Peter I think there's men outside-"

"One sec." He grows impatient with me.

I nudge my head, thrown off by his change of tone.

After he finishes reading the letter, he loosens his grip on it, and stares at the ground in shock. His face turns pale, and his hands begin to shake.

"What is this?" I bend down to get the letter as I see at the corner of my eyes, he starts to aggressively open the package.

"What is going on Peter?" My voice trembles as he menacingly takes out a test tube filled with a glowing substance.

"No....way." He whispers to himself, observing the tube, completely hypnotized by its presence.

I face towards the letter and read it myself.

Peter,

I told you. I told you there's a way to resurrect Gwen-

I gasp at her name. At the word.

Resurrect.

My heart races, my stomach begins to turn, my scalp prickles, and my palms sweat. My eyes slowly trail off to Peter, still looking at the test tube.