Chapter 45.

*Third Person POV*

Transforming back into his natural form, and walking among the crowded hospital, Peter (A) watches the doctors and nurses attend to Raquel through a large window from a patient room. The room next door, was Art Huxley. Through another large window, Peter (A) watches Art's heart monitor, barely getting a read from it. Irina attends to his side, putting her head down.

Art points to Peter, gesturing him to come in.

"Sir?" Peter politely closes the door behind him.

From the amount of needles attached to Art's hand, all sorts of bandages and heavy padding around his chest, he appears to have difficulty breathing through his oxygen mask. His eyes droop, and his skin remains pale. At that moment, Peter knew that Art was struggling a lot more than he should be.

"Your-your name isn't...Ben. Is it?" Art manages a smile, asking in a weak tone.

Peter shakes his head to confirm.

Art chuckles a bit and coughs. "When we were all...up there..Raquel kept calling you Peter."

Irina raises an eyebrow, but is too distracted by her ex-husband's physical state.

"It's a little hard to explain." Peter winces.

"Irina and I...we know you tried to..resurrect your ex-girlfriend." Art lightly chuckles again. "Can't get anymore crazy than that."

"You'd be surprised." Peter smirks, eyeing on Irina's puffy eyes.

"Are you and my daughter okay now?" Art asks.

"I think so."

"Good...good." Art coughs, as a small amount of blood seeps through his oxygen mask.

He swallows, "Look Peter I don't have very long."

Irina lets out a quiet sob, walking away to the edge of the room.

"What do you mean-"

"I mean, the doctors tried their best. This is all that's left of me." Art tears up, as Peter notices his raspy voice. "I don't..I don't think I'd be able to see my little girl when she wakes back up. So I need you to pass a message-"

"Sir-"

"Tell her all of my assets...are under her name." Art states in a serious tone, keeping his eye contact with Peter. "There's already a Trust, so she doesn't need to go through the Will process." He coughs again.

"Okay." Peter begins to cry, deciding to go along with it instead of questioning anything further.

"The company...my fortune...is all under her name. She can do whatever she wants with it as long...as she does some good..you know?" Art's tears stream down his face as well. He slowly removes the oxygen mask to wipe them off.

"Yeah."

"Peter...promise me something." Art points to him.

Peter blinks, recalling the memory of Gwen's father. Right before he passed, he made Peter promise to keep Gwen out of it. Out of everything. Everything that pertained to Spider-Man. Once again, he realizes that history is repeating itself. However, he is ready to keep the same promise that he failed to, before.

Goodbye Raquel.

Goodbye at his chance of love again.