Chapter 15.

*Raquel's POV*

(Couple hours earlier before witnessing Peter (T) and MJ's Kiss)

I finally made up my mind about the  friend date and decided to proceed and not make it such a big deal. After all, he assured that it's nothing romantic. 

Peter (A) picked a French Cuisine restaurant called, 'The Amour'. He said it opened a month ago and they have had great reviews ever since. The restaurant is fine dining, and already obtained five stars. It seemed like a full crowd but good thing he made reservations.

It was a relief to know that I wore the appropriate attire, because pretty much most of the women wore knee length, short sleeved, black dresses. Aunt May was kind of enough to lend me  lipstick, despite how insistent she was. I haven't worn lipstick in so long, I couldn't help but blush each time Peter (A) commented on how bold and beautiful it looked on me.

As soon as we enter and he pulls my chair to sit down, I grab the menu to bury my face in the entrée section, constantly telling myself that there isn't anything romantic about this.

While I look at the menu, I slowly peer to the side to glance over at his suit and tie. He clenches his jaw, looking at the waiter from the distance, gesturing his hand for attention.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Wait...I'm not ready yet."

"I'm just asking for more bread." He chuckles, and asks the waiter.

"Oh." I swallow, trying not to stare in awe of how extremely handsome he looked.

"You okay? You look tense since we've gotten here." He smirks as the extra bread came. He takes some and spreads it with butter.

I put the menu back up to my face. "I'm fine." I mumble. "So have you been here before?"

"No. This would be my first time as well." I hear the crunch from him biting onto his bread.

I put the menu down, and he now puts the menu on his face. His eyes slowly peer at the top of the menu.

"I see you." He plays.

I laugh, "Stop."

"Stop what?"

"You're mimicking me." I roll my eyes.

"Burying your face on the menu?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Sure." I grin.

"Do you understand anything in this menu?" He finally puts the menu down.

"Oh yeah." I try to play along.

"So what are you having?" He squints in doubt.

"That." I quickly point to his menu.

He laughs, "The escargot?"

My eyes widen.

"Snails for you then." He teases.

Last time I ate escargot was with dad in the summer of ninth grade where he took mom and I to Paris. I didn't feel so well after that. Usually dad would order for me when we went to places like this.

"I'll be sharing it with YOU silly." I snare at him.

"It says we're not allowed to share meals." He snorts and points to the small note at the bottom of the menu. "Sorry."

"Well I'm putting some on your plate whether you like it or not." I smile sarcastically.

He squints, "Slightly aggressive this evening huh?"