Chapter 18.

*Raquel's POV*

Peter (A) and I let go of the longest hug ever, and said our goodbyes. 

I grabbed onto my belongings heading out of the bedroom. I take a good look around, embracing it one last time. I walk out of the room with vigilance, hoping Peter (T) wasn't around the second floor. I glance down at the stairs and breathed out a sigh of relief to see that he remained in the kitchen. Another fight would have broke out if Peter (T) witnessed what just happened. My heart grows heavier, looking over at Aunt May's bedroom door, realizing I couldn't get to say goodbye to her. She's sleeping...I didn't want to intrude. 

When I meet Peter (T) in the kitchen, I gestured to him that I didn't want to be too close. I can tell he respected that and gave me some distance. He had an expression of relief on his face as it shows that I am giving him another chance. If only he knew it technically wasn't my call to make. But for Peter (A)'s sake, I need to really try. I also need to try to ready myself for the hell I'm going to go through the second we make it home. It's going to take a lot of time for me to trust Peter (T) again, and probably a lot of trust for my dad to gain from me too, since I'm probably way over the approved time of my requested days off. Let alone, mom's interrogative questions she will have for me. 

Peter (A), frowning here and there, manages a slight smile each time he locks eyes with me. I can guess that the memory of our kiss replays in his head...as it is in mine now too. He attempts to open the garage door to turn on the machine, but before doing so... the door suddenly rings.

All three of us look at each other with concern. Peter (A) opens the door, and Dr. Strange greets him with alacrity.

"Ready to go?" Dr. Strange looks over at Peter (T) and I.

We both nod.

Peter (A) shrugs, "I-I had a machine going...just letting you know."

"You built a machine?" Dr. Strange raises an eyebrow. "Impressive."

"Thank you." Peter (A) says shyly, clearing his throat.

"But I'd prefer they both come with me." Dr. Strange urges. "Just to ensure that everything is finally in order and there's no one else to take back home."

Peter (A) nods, understanding him. "Yeah, sure."

"If you both could just come outside with me, that'd be great. There's more space out here." Dr. Strange grins.

Peter (T) attempts to grab my hand but I reluctantly pull away.

"Sorry." Peter (T) mutters.

I exchange a warm smile and gesture him to walk in front of me. As I walk behind Peter (T), Peter (A) grabs my hand, and I grasp onto it for a split second, one last time. I quickly let go, and turn to him, mouthing, 'Thank you for everything.'

Peter (A) nods and salutes, watching us walk out the door. When he closed it, I felt a tear stream down my face. I quickly wipe it away and scurry over to stand next to Peter (T), watching Dr. Strange open the portal to our home.