Chapter 40.

*Raquel's POV*

I stay at mom's for the meantime, while Detective Coleman's policemen remain outside to guard us. Detective says he's trying to locate Harry, but it looks like Harry's on the run. Norman is taken into custody for questioning, innocently claiming he had no idea what his son was up to. Dad spoke to us on the phone and said he had to drive by the police station to give Norman's lawyer a ride.

What a mess.

I may not know the entire story, but Peter (T) guarantees that he will fix this. To do everything he can to stop Peter (A) from this whole bringing the dead back to life madness.

At this moment, I had to put Peter (T) and I's resentment towards each other in the past. There was no time for blame, no time for arguments. I just wanted Peter (T) to get Peter (A) back, and for Harry to be in prison. I am praying this all happens without anyone else potentially getting kidnapped or hurt.

Mom tucks me in her couch with a fluffy blanket, handing me a cup of hot chocolate.

"Are you sure you're alright from the accident?" She places her hand on my forehead.

"The ambulance guys said that I was fine." I assure her, sipping on my cup.

"You do have some slight cuts on the side of your face." She moves my chin a bit to get a better view.

"I'm alright." I shove her hand away.

"You should get some rest." She kisses the side of my forehead anyway and attempts to walk away.

"You never told me the story of your love triangle with dad." I decide to mention. Don't know how long I'll be in here with her, but thought I'd spark some conversation.

"It was a long time ago." She rolls her eyes and tries to walk away again.

"Who was the other guy?" I put my cup down on the coffee table in front of me and sit up more.

"Why does it matter?" She stops walking and turns to me.

"Because I'll forget to ask again." I sigh. "And, your phone isn't blowing up, and for once, you're not working around me."

"I don't think my story would help you." She admits. "It looks like you've already chosen the right guy. Despite him wanting to bring his ex back to life."

"Peter (T) thinks...Ben..." I had to remind myself of Peter's (A) fake name. "is not in his right mind."

"I think we all aren't." she mumbles.

"I don't know why he's behaving this way." I frown. "But I just want him back here and be himself again."

"Ben is so in love with you, honey." She sits beside me. "Of course he will come back to you."

"But his ex-"

"If he doesn't snap out of it, then...it wasn't meant to be." She says firmly.

I feel my heart shatter, grasping onto the blanket now.

..She didn't have to say it like that.

"Who was the other guy?" I change the subject back to her.

She notices my frown.

"I'm in full support of everything you do." She tries to take my hand but I move it away. "But I need to remind you of the reality-of any circumstance where any guy in your life decides to not want to be with you anymore."