Chapter 30

*Raquel's POV*

After our promise, Peter (A) and I let go of our compassionate hug, unable to savor the moment a bit more, since dad interrupts us.

"Sorry about the bid kiddo, I had no idea that Osborn's son would bid that much." Dad states apologetically.

"Dad, it's alright-"

"I do admire though, how willingly you were to bid for my daughter," He compliments Peter (A) and salutes him. "Despite you not having the money for it, I understood your intentions, good sir."

"Thank you." Peter (A) beams. "But if anything, it is you who I should be thanking."

Dad chuckles readying himself to respond, but is pulled away by Bartman to further discuss business.

I meet mom's eyes in the distance and she mouths, 'Are you two, together?' Pointing at Peter (A).

I nod at her with alacrity, and she exchanges a contented smile, cheering her champagne glass at me.

"There's the girl that no one bid for." Peter (A) notices Caylee, alone in the corner, sipping on a glass filled with Sprite.

"Caylee..." I lean over towards him to get a better view of her.

"One sec." He begins to walk over to her, knee on one leg to meet each other on eye level.

He says something, and she laughs a bit. She now takes his hand and they both dance the next song the orchestra plays. It was the cutest thing, as he holds her hands and spins her. The spin was quite fast, her feet were slightly above the ground. The girls her age eye on Peter (A), exchanging jealous looks. This also enticed more young boys to capture their attention to dance with her.

When their dance was over, a young boy taps Peter's (A) back, appearing to ask Caylee to dance.

Peter (A) steps aside, allowing both to enjoy a dance together.

"That was so sweet of him to do that." I hear Mrs. Gertrude from behind me.

"He's really cute." Says another woman, sounds about my age.

"Why haven't I seen him before?' Says another.

"I wonder if he'll allow me to dance with him?" Chimes another.

"He has a girlfriend." My sudden jealousy preceeds me, turning around to meet their eyecandy faces.

"How do you know?" Snares a red head, eye dogging me.

"Because I'M his girlfriend." I proudly say.

"Quite the lad he is, Raquel." Mrs. Gertrude giggles, trying to break the tension. "We all admire him so."

"Thank you, Mrs. Gertrude." I tilt my head towards her.

"It's a bit difficult nowadays to find someone as good looking and good hearted you know." She puckers her lips, pointing at Peter (A) walking his way towards us.

"Where did you two meet?" Says a blonde next to the red head, faking a smile, overexaggerating her excited tone.

"On..." I try to remember. "Top of a...building."

I laugh in my thoughts.

Their faces were flabbergasted and perplexed. The red head grew disturbed, and Mrs. Gertrude politically giggles in amusement.

"You still haven't got rid of that sense of humour of yours my dear." She gleams.

I feel Peter (A) wrap his arms around my waist from behind, kissing me on the cheek. We both look at Mrs. Gertrude and the ladies walking away from us. Mrs. Gertrude was the only one giving out a playful wink.