Chapter 23.

*Raquel's POV*

The following Monday approached. It was so busy at work, that the day went by fast! Peter (T) couldn't pick me up this time because Spider-Man was needed. Later in the evening, I sit on the couch, browsing through Netflix over and over, having a difficult time choosing which movie to pick. Feeling a little restless, I notice that it's been hours since Peter left to fight crime. I check my phone; and...nothing.

Even when he is running late, he's been pretty persistent in communicating through text too.

Sudden heavy rainfall and loud thunder boom through my living room. I scurry to the living room window, barely making a sight of outside. There's a storm, and Peter was taking too long.

The worry enters my system that he's struggling in whatever he's fighting in the moment.

What if he's wounded? hurt?

...dead?

Ugh,

Get it together Raquel.

Being patient obviously is a working progress for me. I say a quick prayer for his safety, and continue browsing through Netflix.

Moments later, I couldn't sit still. Pacing around the living room didn't help. I call him, and it goes straight to voicemail. I text, and the blue imessage bubble turns green. I decide to simply take a walk... in the rain...in the storm. Not my best choice, but it's better than pacing back and forth, slowly losing my sanity in my apartment.

I'm walking in the middle of a storm, in the middle of the street, in the late evening. Have I gone crazy? I look around and could barely make an image of anything due to the pouring thickness of rain.

The umbrella I took was nearly breaking too. I jolt each time I hear thunder and close my eyes at the slightest sight of lightning. Small business owners at the nearest brick and mortar stores offer me some shelter but I politely reject and keep walking. Where was I even walking to?

Was this efficiently clearing my mind?

Was I subconsciously hoping that I'd find Peter somewhere?

I glance at my phone, great, no signal. Thunder roars once more, I jump a little and look behind me. The rain heavily increases it pour, and now the wind is kicking in.

My face and hands fall numb by the sharp cold air brushing over me. I took it as a sign that I needed to get back home.

Peter's been through worse than this right? It's just a storm! It's not like a grotesque creature from a nearby science lab broke out.

I was so tempted to call Detective Coleman, but I didn't want to be a bother. Didn't help that he moved out of my apartment building to live a lot closer to his station either. I would have love to knock at his door by now, questioning Peter's whereabouts if his team could help search for him.

I turn right on a street ahead of me in order to take a shortcut back to my apartment. In the corner of my eye, I see something moving between buildings. I run towards it and cower near a tall and dark tree. I rub my eyes a little to get a clearer vision.

And there he was...

Hanging onto his web and grabbing ahold of the exterior ladder of someone's fire escape outside of their bedroom window. He positions himself like an actual Spider.

What is he doing?

I see another tall dark tree in the distance, I scurry over to it and cower once more. I can see a lot clearly now.