Two ✖️

⚜️

           It was early morning the next day, the four best friends were getting ready for the first day of Junior year in their respected homes. Rose lay wide awake in her hospital room, watching the news as they spoke about a disaster that happened in New York early summer. Growing bored she changed the channel, settling on Friends reruns.

Her MRI scan went well, she hadn't gotten the results yet but she hoped it had some sort of information.

Melissa had told her that Sheriff Stilinski would be coming around later in the day to see if he could help her find her family. She didn't know how considering she couldn't remember squat shit, but anything helps, she thought.

The day went by as normal, Stilinski had missed their appointment, but someone else did come by.

"Hey...uh Rose? Was it?" The girl averted her eyes from the tv screen to the boy with the crooked jaw. She smiled, remembering him from last night.

"Hey! Scott right? You're mom speak highly of you" she giggled, Melissa may have showed her a view baby pictures as well.

"Oh god, that's just great. Um, I just wanted to stop by to see how you were doing."

Scott liked that she was more comfortable now. Last night she was so distant and cold, though who could blame her considering she was running around the woods naked, with no memory, and watched a deer off themself.

"Much better, just waiting for results now." She didn't mind telling him this, his mother was her nurse after all. "What are you doing here? Is someone else hurt?"

"No, no...just visiting my mom"

"In the middle of the day? Don't you have school?"

"Right, okay, I was visiting a friend..." Rose knew better than to ask any further questions so she nodded.

"Sounds nice being able to skip school, I don't remember going to school but according to Friends, it was hell for Monica"

Scott chuckled and nodded, "I see you've spent your time here well"

"Definitely"

Before they could continue, the door sprung open with a stressed out Sheriff standing behind it.

With a sigh he spoke to Scott, "why aren't you in school"

Scott froze for a second, "My mom had an emergency...". Whether the sheriff believed him or not, he didn't show it, too stressed out.

He let the boy go, waving a goodbye to Rose he left in a hurry, probably not to anger the man even further.

"Sorry about that Rose, had an emergency back at the school."

The girl waved it off, "That's alright! You're here now."

Smiling, he settled in the chair by her bed, "Do you mind if I ask you some questions?"

"Go ahead, though I'm not sure I'll be much help..."

"Don't worry, just try your best." He took out a note pad and pen, "So, what happened before the deer incident?"