Twenty-Two✖️

⚜️

Putting the files back and ignoring the girls confused stare, he pushed them towards the door. "It's the Nemeton. That's where she's keeping them. It has to be."

He intertwined his fingers with Rose and turned back to watch his step, hurrying to get out of school when a familiar voiced called out to him.

"Stilinski!" They closed their eyes in annoyance and the boy groaned.

"All right, look-- go to Derek, okay? He and Peter, they've been there before, so they'll know where it is. Tell them it's the root cellar, all right? They'll know. Rose, stay with me, I might need you to cause a distraction if Agent asshole takes too long." Both girls nodded and Lydia gave Rose a quick goodbye hug before dashing off.

"Did you know your dad's car is in the school parking lot and has been since last night?"

"Hi to you too Agent dic-."

Stiles covered her mouth and replied to the man, "No, what does that mean?"

"It means he's officially missing." He glared at the girl. They had moved to an empty classroom, Rose arguing that this wasn't an actual questioning and Stiles didn't have a lawyer to protect him if it were and how that was quite illegal, to get in. They sat right next to each other in desks as Agent McCall leaned against a desk behind him.

"Stiles, why am I getting the feeling you know something that could help us find your dad?"

"If I did, why would I not tell you?"

"If it meant helping your dad, why wouldn't you?
"So, you're asking me to tell you what I wouldn't not tell you?" Rose was confused.
"First, I have no idea what you just said. Second, how about you just help me help you?"

"Well, I don't know how to help you help me tell you something that would help you if I don't know it!"

"Are you doing this on purpose?" Yes he was and god was Rose loving it.

"I don't know anything, okay? Can I just go?" Stiles sighed.

"Where are your other friends?"

Rose scoffed, "Be straight forwards, agent. You mean Scotty boy?"

He glared at her, "I mean Scott..." He flipped through his little notebook, "I mean Isaac Lahey, Allison Argent, these twins, Ethan and Aiden... I've been told your whole little clique didn't show up at school today."

They both scoffed now, "We don't have a clique."

"Stiles, come on, There's been a pretty disturbing amount of violent activity in this county in the last few months-- several murders tied to this school. I don't know what's going on here, but it's serious. And hey--" He called out to them as they looked away, "your dad is missing." When they didn't say anything, the Agent had had enough, "Fine. But I don't want you going home alone. You have someone you can stay with tonight?"

"...He's with me." They heard from the door. There stood Deaton, saving Rose and Stiles from the big bad agent.

********************

"It has to be on a telluric current, or maybe even at the axis of two, or where they all intersect. I just know it's where Derek took Paige to die." Stiles, Rose, Lydia, Allison, Isaac and Deaton were all at the vet's office, talking about the possible locations where the nemeton could be.
"My dad and Gerard were there, once. But Gerard said it was years ago and he couldn't remember where it was... And, my dad obviously isn't here to tell us now."
"Yeah, mine either."
Isaacs gaze moved onto Rose as an idea popped into his, "Hey, Rose...You have a thing going on with nature, can you tell us where it is?"
Rose looked at him, annoyed, "It's not a thing, don't call it a thing, sounds like I'm dating nature. But to answer your question, no. I can manipulate it and yeah I can feel when somethings wrong, like a storm made from magic or whatever the fuck Jennifer has, but I can't tell you where a plant is like a game of 'Where's Fucking Waldo.'"
They all sighed, all having small hope that the girl could feel the nemeton out, "Then how do we find this place?" Isaac asked.
Looking to Deaton for help, the man stood in thought, "There might be a way...But it's dangerous. We're gonna need Scott."
Stiles, Rose and Deaton piled into Stiles Jeep, Rose having texted Scott that they had a plan but needed his help. Rose and Stiles sat in the front and Deaton in the back, they sat in relative silence, too nervous to say anything. Stiles stole glances from the girl, who was staring out the window, her arm leaning on the middle console. His mind was running wild, his fear for his dad, his fear for his best friend, fear for himself and finally fear for Rose. He wanted to ask her to be his girlfriend after their second date, but after everything they've been through in the last couple of days, Stiles was scared he wouldn't get the chance, either because he died, or she did. His hands tightened on the steering wheel as the thought of losing his dad and Rose came to mind.
Needing comfort, his right hand leaned down to take her left one. She turned to look at him, feeling how strong his grip was, to see worry lines forming on his forehead. She quickly lifted their hands to kiss the back of his, before squeezing his hand in reassurance. The boy visibly relaxed and behind them, Deaton saw everything.