Twelve ✖️

TW: Mentions of self-harm/suicide.

Read at your discretion.

⚜️

         The group stood in Allison, Lydia and Rose's room. Rose and Stiles side by side, Allison sitting on the bed, and Lydia at the door, ready to book it out of there.

"The last time I saw Scott act like that was during the full moon."

"Yeah, I know...He was definitely a little off with us, too" Rose whispered.

"Actually, It was Boyd who was really off--I watched him put his fist through the vending machine."

"See? It is the motel! Either we need to get out of here right now, or...", she dug through the nightstand and brought out a bible, throwing in onto the bed, "someone needs to learn how to do an exorcism ASAP, before the werewolves go crazy and kill us."

"Actually..." they all turned to Rose, "I don't think it's the motel, or at least just the motel. You said the number went up by three, right? Well what else has been collected in threes?"

"You mean, like three sacrifices?"

Stiles paled, "What if this time, it's three werewolves?"

"Scott, Isaac, and Boyd..."

"Maybe we were meant to come here."

Rose groaned, that was just their luck. Lydia was freaking out by this point.

"Exactly! So, can we get the hell out of here now? Please?"

"We need to get the boys. We can't leave them here." Rose added.

Stiles moved his head down to run his hand through his hair when his eyes caught newspaper clippings from inside the bible, "Wait, hang on." He grabbed the clippings and read them out loud, "'Twenty-eight-year-old man hangs himself at the infamous Glen Capri'"

Rose rested her head on his shoulder and she thought about how many people probably died in this room. She felt cold.

"Oh, no..." Lydia brought up two more, "Look at these two. They both mention room two-seventeen. These are probably all suicides that happened in this room."

"Every room has a bible, there might be more," Rose thought out loud.

Stiles sighed, "That's a beautiful thing. Most places leave a mint under the pillow-- this one leaves a record of all the horrible deaths that occurred."

"What if the room next door has the one about the couple?" Lydia wondered out loud. Rose gave her a confused look but followed the three out anyways. They stopped in front of the rom next to their own, Stiles twisted the nob but nothing happened. "No, that was not locked before..."

"Forget it. We need to get Scott, Isaac, and Boyd out of here." Allison said, ready to head downstairs. Stiles grabbed onto Rose but froze when something turned on from inside the room.

"..I'm not the only one who heard that, am I?"

"Oooh what hell was that?" Rose asked.

"It sounds like someone turned the handsaw on."

Stiles face contorted, "Handsaw??"

Rose wasted no time in slamming her foot against the door, putting all of her strength into the kick. The door broke open only for the four to see Ethan raise a handsaw up to his chest and stomach, looking ready to off himself.

They forgot about the fourth werewolf.

"Hey, no! Ethan, don't!" Stiles rushed towards the boy, grabbing hold of the handsaw. trying his best to save the wolf. Nudging Lydia, Rose pointed out the cord connected to the saw. Lydia wasted no time and pulled it out of the socket. And right on time as Stiles toppled over and landed right on top of it.