Twenty-One✖️

⚜️

Derek looked at Stiles in disbelief, "She took her?"

"Yeah, and if that's not enough of a kick to the balls, Scott left with Deucalion, okay? So, we gotta get you out of here. The police are coming right now, and we gotta get you the hell out of here--" Stiles voice shook, an overwhelming feeling of sadness, stress, and anger washing over him.

"Woah, what about Cora?"

"She's fine, but we need to go now!" Rose picked him up and they all ran towards the exit but Stiles stopped her and himself, "What, whats wrong?"

"Derek, go, we'll stay to hold them off. Go get everyone and from a plan, quickly." The man nodded and disappeared in this car.

"Hold them off?"

"Cora Hale was here, Derek was accused, yeah it was our fault but he was accused of murder a year ago and they're gonna try to blame him. We can't afford to lose anyone else."

"Okay, makes sense but why us both?"

He blushed deeply, "I didn't want to be alone..."

Rose awed at him and quickly pushed her lips to his, "That's okay, we'll just wait here and lie our asses off."

They sat in some waiting chairs as they...well, waited until the sound of sirens were heard. They sat up straighter and the doors opened, in came in a bunch of people in blue jackets, FBI agents, Rose took notice. Beside her Stiles stiffened and scoffed under his breathe.

"Oh, just perfect..." She sent him a questioning look but he shook his head and focused on the agent walking towards them.

"A Stilinski...and a girl," he glanced at Rose, "-at the center of this whole mess. What a shocker. Think you can answer some questions without the usual level of sarcasm?"

"If you ask the questions without the usual level of stupid." Rose was floored as the two spoke. She looked between them confused, who the hell was this and why was he such a huge dick? How did Stiles know him? Had Stiles been arrested before?

"Where is your dad, and why's no one been able to contact him?"

"I don't know. I haven't seen him in hours." His lying skills impressed the girl.

"Is he drinking again?" If looks could kill, he'd be 6 feet under.

"What do you mean, 'again?' He never had to stop."

"But he did have to slow down. Is he drinking like he used to?"

"What's this have to do with anything? What someone does on their free time is none of your fucking business." Rose intervened, a cold look in her eyes as she made eye contact with the strange man. A shudder passed through his body, she looked gentle and soft but her eyes told another story.

He opened his mouth to reply but Stiles cut him off, "All right, how about this? Next time I see him, I'll give him a field sobriety test, okay? We'll do the alphabet-- start with 'F,' end with 'U...'"

The agent only gave him a fake smile, "How about you just tell me what the hell happened here?"

They shrugged, "We don't know what happened here. We were stuck in the elevators the whole time." Rose said.

"You're not the one who put the name on the doors, are you?" A look of actual confusion crossed their face.

"What name?" They asked at the same time.

********************

"The word is "guardian," Allison-- more than anyone, you know that's a role I haven't exactly lived up to lately."