Twenty-Three✖️

⚜️

Rose and Isaac were playing thumb wars as they waited, Lydia was acting as referee because Rose kept cheating, using her abilities to lightly burn Isaacs hand and get the upper hand.

"Hey! She burned me! You burned me again! And in front of Lydia!"

"I did not! It was probably phantom pain you pussy!"

"Alright! Enough, you guys are horrible at this game. I'm out."

Rose and Isaac pouted as Lydia went to sit in a corner. The former two sticking their tongues out at each other as they leaned back into the wall. "I'm getting a snack, want one?" he asked her. Shaking her head no, she rested her head back and closed her eyes. She was only sat like that for about 5 minutes when she heard gasps and water splashing. Deaton, Lydia and Rose shot up and Isaac poked his head in. Relief flooded them.

"I saw it. I know where it is." Scott said, water dripping from his head.

"We passed it. There's-there's a stump... this huge tree-- well, it's not huge anymore, it was cut down-- but it's still big, though! Very big!" It was Stiles who spoke, his eyes landing on Rose, who almost cried in joy.

"It was the night we were looking for the body--"

"Yeah, the same night you were bitten by Peter."

"I was there, too, in the car with my mother. We almost hit someone." Allison added.

Scott turned to her, stunned, "It was me-- you almost hit me." Fitting, Rose thought, "We can find it."

They're excitement of finding the location was cute, but unfortunately for them, time was running out. Noticing the glum looks on their face, Allison asked, "...What?"

Isaac looked towards the girls and Deaton, "You guys were out a long time..."

Stiles looked to Rose, "How long is a long time?"

"...Sixteen hours." She admitted.

"We've been in the water for sixteen hours???"

"And the full moon rises in less than four."

Getting them some warn towels, Scott spoke about returning to the alphas. "No, dude-- you are not going back with them." Stiles told him, standing next to Rose as he dried his hair.

"I made a deal with Deucalion--"

"Does anyone else think that sounds a lot like a deal with the devil?"

"Why does it matter, anyway?" Isaac asked.

"Because I still don't think that we can beat Jennifer without their help." Rose had to agree, as much as she disliked Jennifer, the woman was smart and powerful.

"He trusts you more than anyone-- tell him he's wrong." Allison tried to reason.

"I'm not so sure he is...Circumstances like this sometimes require that you align with people you'd normally consider enemies."

"Jennfier's smart, manipulative. I wouldn't be surprised if she made you believe she was in the right." Rose sighed, "We need them, they've dealt with her before." Scott sent the girl a grateful look.

"So, we're gonna trust him-- the guy that calls himself "Death, Destroyer of Worlds"-- we're gonna trust that guy?"

"I wouldn't trust him, no. But, you could use him to your advantage. Deucalion may be the enemy, but he could also be the bait." They heard a door open, and got tense. Deaton put his and up and walked out.