5: For the sake of our friendship

So I linked this new song that captured my heart I hope you guys like it too😌🎶🎼

~~~~~

"Sir, you have a meeting with the Egyptians at 2pm to 5pm and then you have to check the reports for any problems" Zayn's assistant read out to him his schedule.

"Okay. Get the conference room ready and inform me 5 minutes before they arrive" he ordered and his assistant nodded before leaving the cabin.

Zayn took over his father's business after finishing his 2nd masters in Germany for business administration at 27.He made his first ever billion one year after he joined the company. Which made his family proud of him. He enjoyed his work a lot and always drowned himself in it.

He silently cursed knowing he won't have time for lunch today and he didn't even have breakfast. Just then, his phone rang and a huge smile spread across his face.

"Hey so if you don't want me to Marry someone else then you better come to my father" Husna said immediately making zayn chuckle.

"What's this all about?" He asked with a grin on his face. "Dad told me that if you were serious about us then you should have started talking about the wedding"

"Okay okay. I will talk with Abba today"he said. "Good. Because I would have told dad to find another husband for me"

"Really? You would do that?" He asked. "Absolutely. If you refuse to marry me"

"I will marry you I promise" he said sincerely. "I hope so. Guess what??" She suddenly sounds excited.

"You know I'm not good at guessing just tell me"

"I got the job" she exclaimed excitedly. "Are you serious?" Zayn asked. "Duhh I am. I receiv-" she was cut off when they heard a knock at his door.

"Sir they are going to be up in 5"

"I have to go. I will talk to you later" he quickly said and didn't even wait for a reply before hanging up.

He fixed his suit and took a deep breath and walked out the door.

Time to seal the deal~he thought to himself with a smirk on his face.

2 hours later......

"I'm impressed" zayn spoke and the members sighed in relief. "I accept your proposal it will be nice working with you" he stood up for a handshake which he got from many people.

Soon the conference room was empty and zayn left for his cabin ordering his assistant to get him coffee.

His phone rang but this time it was his father. "Hello Abba"

"Are you going to be home before isha'i?" Abba asked from the other side. "I'm not sure...why?" He asked.

"I need to talk to you about something very important" Abba said. "I also have to talk with you but I will try to get home early"

"Alright I will see you then" Abba said before hanging up. Shortly, his assistant came with his coffee.

"I don't want to be disturbed by anyone who comes here for the next three hours" he ordered.

"Sure sir" his assistant said before leaving.

He switched off his phone before he gets distracted again.

3 hours later.........
He was done going through the files and reports. He switched on his phone and there they are. Missed calls from umma and husna.

He stepped out of his office. Most of the people have left and the others were waiting for him. He dismissed everyone and went to the elevator.

When he got down, he saw his driver "don't worry I will drive today you go home" he said and the driver said thank you before leaving.

Zayn got in the driver's seat and zoomed out.

~~~~~
Zayn entered his father's sitting room and greeted him and his mother. He settled on the couch which was opposite to his father.

He looked at his mother who looked slightly unhappy. He was about to ask what happened when his father spoke.

"I have fixed your marriage date"

Zayn looked shocked but also relieved. A smile spread on his face. "That's what I wan-"

"With Nooriyah. The daughter of a good friend of mine" he added and zayn's smile dropped. "What?" Zayn asked confused.

He waited for an explanation and his father said. "Her father and I went to the same college together and did our masters together. He and I studied politics, and when it was time to get appointed into a party, unfortunately only one of us will be hired. He told me to go ahead and that he will do something with his life. He gave up his dreams for me for the sake of our friendship.

That's why when he asked if you could marry his daughter I couldn't refuse. I owe him a lot and I couldn't find myself to tell him about Husna" he finished with a sigh.

Zayn was speechless. He didn't know what to think of the idea. "I understand about your friendship and all but what about Husna?"

"I have already spoken to my brother and he is totally okay with it. It's just now you will have to be the one to tell Husna"

"But Abba I don't know who this Nooriyah is. I mean I know her father, her brother and her sister." Zayn said.

"She spent most of childhood abroad and the last time she came to Nigeria was two years ago. She is in her second year of culinary school in turkey"

No wonder he saw his mother's face annoyed. She isn't the type of girl she wants.

"I will like for you two to meet and get to know each other on Sunday" Abba added and zayn nodded and stood up to leave when his father spoke again.

"I'm sorry zayn. I hope you understand why I'm doing this."

"Abba it's okay. I know you will always want the best for me" Zayn smiled and left for his room.

The only thing that he thought was unfair is the fact that he will have to be the one to tell Husna about it.

He heard his phone ring and he knew it was her. He wanted to pick up but decided to ignore it knowing he wasn't ready to tell her yet.

He sure wanted to meet this Nooriyah. Today was Friday and he had tomorrow to tell Husna until Sunday.

~~~~~~~

Hellooo🙋‍♀️
How is everyone doing? How is Ramadan?

So here we are with a somewhat long chapter. I hope you are ready for the drama that awaits you. 🤔😌

 🤔😌

🦋