14. Day One

Please ignore all typos and errors. This book has not been edited yet.

********

Noor's pov

The next morning, after Zayn and I finished praying he told me to go back to sleep while he left the room.

It was 5:50am already so of course I wasn't going back to sleep. I am married now and I need to be waking up early to prepare breakfast for my husband.

I didn't know if he slept next to me yesterday or not because I fell asleep before he came to the room and he woke up before me.

I shrugged and stood up to go and take a shower. After coming out, I did my skincare and went to the closet.

His side looked elegant. There were business suits, ties, watches, clips and kaftans. I looked at my side and there were ankara's and also my favorites satin dresses.

I picked out a black satin straight gown and a white vintage scarf. I strolled downstairs and Zayn was no way to be found. He was probably in his office or gym.

I walked to the kitchen to cook breakfast I looked around randomly since nothing was familiar I ended up not eating anything yesterday.

I opened the cabinets and everyone I opened, a large grin spreads across my face. The kitchen is my happy place.

I started making French toasts and coffee. In the process, I heard little noises so I thought he was done in the gym or office and was going back to the room to get ready.

When I was done, the house smelled heavenly. I arranged the dining and started going upstairs to call Zayn to come eat.

"Hey I'm done making breakfast come downstairs" I said to him outside the closed closet door since he was putting on cloths or something.

I heard him say 'okay' and I went back downstairs. Couple of moments later, he walked down the stairs wearing a black hoodie which complemented his fair skin and a pair of black jeans.

We were matching. He sat and I served him his breakfast. We ate in silence before he left for his office.

Few minutes later, he walked out of his office and said "come let me show you around" I nodded before he lead the way out the front door.

He showed me the garden first which was opposite to the water fountain then the backyard were there was a medium seized hut with wooden chairs in it. And finally he showed me the peacock cage. "Why do you have peacocks here?" I asked him.

He smiled a little before answering my question. "I like them" I nodded. It took everything inside of me to make myself stop looking at him.

They were 4 peacocks roaming around and I must say they looked adorable.

He showed me the back door which lead to a small hallway and to the right was the kitchen. I know everywhere in this house.

He got a call from what I think is the office and he excused himself. I walked upstairs to get my phone and I saw 6 missed calls from Humaira, Alliya, Hanifa and Amira. Two from Amira.

Don't they know this is my first day at my husband's house? Even my mother and sister haven't called me yet.

I sat at the edge of the bed and I was about to post the pictures of the breakfast that I made. Yep I'm a food blogger. I was scrolling through my posts when I saw that comment again.

The one about that Husna. Could it be the Husna his cousin? Cause she literally didn't look okay all through the wedding. But what if she is not the one?

I'm gonna ask him that during lunch.

It was 11:50am and I was bored. He literally works all the time. I mean he is on a break for crying out loud. He was sure a workaholic.

I decided to video chat with my friends. "Girl you are glowing" Humaira said making me chuckle.

"Chill I have only been here one night" I said to her.

"How is Zayn? Where is he?" Alliya asked looking around. "He is in his study handling some work" I answered.

" you know he is supposed to spend today with you" Hanifa said. "He is. He is at home isn't he?"

"I need to tell you guys something" I told them. They all looked eager but seeing that I wasn't smiling their faces dropped. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" Humaira asked.

"Did Zayn do anything to you?" Alliya asked. "What happened Noor?" Hanifa asked.

"So the other day during the wedding, I came across a comment under the post I made of both me and Zayn. It says that 'when did Zayn leave Husna' and-" Humaira cut me off.

"Husna? The Husna that was with us during the wedding?"

"I knew it. It's obviously her. I mean she looked sad through out the wedding" Alliya said.

"Exactly. She hardly smiled or danced. Even if she did, it will be fake" Hanifa added.

"Even I noticed that. I saw her crying on the floor on the day of the Nikkah and when I asked her what's wrong she just asked me if I liked Zayn and then told me to forget that she ever asked me that. I don't understand anything right now" I told them.

"Maybe they were in love with each other but then his father forced him to marry you and he had to leave her" Humaira Said.

"Shut up. What you are saying doesn't make sense at all" hanifa said making Humaira raise her hand in surrender.

"Listen Noor just go and ask him who Husna is because we can't say the Husna we know is the Husna we think it is" Alliya said. I nodded and checked the time. It was 1 already.

"I will talk to you guys later bye" I said and I hanged up. I was feeling really bummed out because for all I know what Humaira said might be true.

I performed ablution and prayed. After that, I went downstairs and saw Zayn by the front door receiving a package from the gate man.

I walked towards him and he turned. "What's that?" I asked. "It's for you cause i didn't order anything" he said giving me the package which was light.

I checked the senders address and "oh my goddd" I screamed in joy.

"It's a cookbook from ummeetah" I said to him excitedly. "Who?" He asked.

"Ummeetah Rabiu is one of the most famous food bloggers in the north" I told him.

"Great then" he replied and walked away. I was too excited to be hurt tho. This has changed my mood.

I flipped through the pages and decided to make the spaghetti and white sauce. I took out my phone and messaged her on instagram. We have been talking lately and she told me she was going to send me one of her cookbooks today but I completely forgot.

I was having mixed feelings while cooking. I was happy cooking and I was scared of what he is going to tell me about Husna.

****

This chapter is not that exciting but I will try to make the next chapter more exciting.

We are almost at 300 reads👍😭😭 pls vote, comment and follow me.

Peace✌️