15: Dinner

Please ignore all typos and errors. This book has not been edited.
**********

Noor's pov

I served him his lunch and I sat to his right and served myself. I wanted to ask him about the Husna but I didn't even know how to.

I played with my fork until it made a loud  sound then I stopped. "Why aren't you eating?" Zayn asked.

"Nothing. I'm eating" I said shoving spaghetti inside my mouth. He was almost done and I struggled to say anything. I looked at him as he was about to leave. Okay it was now or never.

"Zayn?" I called as he turned to leave. "Hmm" he turned to face me.

"Who is Husna?" I asked. The expression on his face changed immediately. "She is my cousin. I'm sure you met her at the wedding" he answered.

Of course he was going to think I was talking about the Husna. His cousin.
"I know but I'm not talking about her"

He raised his eyebrows in confusion.
I moved closer to him and showed him the comment with my phone.

"That could be anyone trying to cause confusion" he said. I looked up at him taken aback. So he wants me to ignore all this. He turned to leave but stoped again.

"Get ready by 7. We are going to my parents house for dinner" he said before he left.

I carried the dishes and took them to the kitchen to wash. I was lost in thoughts and a plate slipped from my hand and crashed on the kitchen floor making a loud noise.

What is wrong with you Noor? I scolded myself mentally as I bent to pick the broken pieces of the plate. I felt a sharp pain in my fingers. The hell? I just got a cut and blood was ozzing.

"Get up. Sit here" I heard his husky voice say and I raised my head. He was hold a first aid kit. I sat down on one of the high stools in the kitchen island.

"How did this happen?" He asked cleaning my wound. I opened my mouth to speak but I closed it immediately. Should I tell him that I was overthinking and the plate slipped from my hand and broke then I went to carry the broken pieces without protection. No.

"A maid will be arriving tomorrow to help around" he said after I refused to answer his question. "Okay" i replied before he finished dressing my wound.

He picked the broken pieces of the plate and dumped it in the trash before he walked away.

He behaves like a whole different person from the person that I had lunch with. Why are things so freaking awkward between us???

I walked back to our room and just then, I received another comment that says 'you two look good. But it could have looked better with Husna not you'

I switched off my phone and threw it on the bed. Who was this Husna????
This is my first day at my husband's house for crying out loud.

**************

It was six already and I was getting ready to leave for his parents house. I wore a greenish blue lafaya and a pair of vine flats.