10: Wedding Prep

Noor's pov

It has been two weeks since mama, ya faruk and aunty Halima left and they were coming back today.

I was excited that everything was fallen into place and the fact that I was getting married soon gave me goosebumps. But I relaxed in a a way when I thought about the person I'm getting married to.

Zayn.

Zayn is a great guy. Not the arrogant person I thought he would be because of his features. But he was extremely nice and very fun to hang out with. We have been talking to each other for the past two weeks and I'm the happiest. Sure he didn't like me that way yet but I'm glad he is being nice to me considering the fact that this is an arranged marriage to him of course.

Amira and I are are close now. We talk a lot and she visited few times. I like Amira because she was a really fun person who just wanna leave on the edge and have fun unlike my sister Layla who just wants turn the AC on, wrap herself in a blanket and then watch Netflix and chill at the middle of the day. And as for Aaryan we haven't really talked alot since they visited but he is also a fun person just like his sister Amira.

And then his Mother. I was ten thousand percent sure Zayn's mother didn't like me since the day we met. Whenever I ask Amira about her, she changes the topic or make an excuse to hang up. I was puzzled at the reason why she didn't like but zayn told me that his mother liked a traditional girl for him. A well mannered woman who respects her religion. But did I disrespect her in anyway? Did I dress improperly when they visited?

The most annoying fact is that I don't know how to solve the problem. I didn't know what to do to make her like me. I asked Amira if there was any girl like that in Zayn's life before but she said no and Zayn himself didn't mention anything like that to me.

Right now I was in the kitchen cooking dinner for mama and ya faruk.......for all of us to be specific. Their flight was landing by 6 and it will take them at least an hour to get home.

I was preparing 3 main courses today and jelebis for dessert. I was making: shrimp fried rice, chicken biryani and pounded yam with vegetable soup.

I was so exhausted when I was done setting up the table. Layla had went with the driver to pick up mama and ya faruk. She kinda helped me with the cooking.

I strolled to my room upstairs to pray before they arrived so that it will be the perfect time for dinner.

After praying, I changed into something more comfortable. I threw on an oversized t-shirt with a pair of green denim jeans and a black turban. Mama and ya faruk arrived like 45 minutes ago and I'm pretty sure they are done refreshing by now.

I strolled back downstairs and met Layla, ya faruk and mama there. Baba must be on his way. I hugged mama and greeted both her and ya faruk.

Dinner went by smoothly. Baba came after a while and we discussed about nothing and everything. When everyone retired to their various rooms at 10, I went to the kitchen to get some water.

After returning to my room, I thought of calling Zayn but he told me he would be busy today so maybe he is resting by now. I shouldn't disturb him.

I jumped on my bed before reciting ayatul kursiyy and I went into a slumber.

***

"Noor hurry you need to get to aunty Zainab's house before they arrive" Layla shouted.

Today was the day my lefe was going to be brought home. As our tradition, the bride has to go to her Auntie's house or her uncles house.

Right now I was getting ready to leave for aunty Zainab's house because the house was getting full.

I wore a very beautiful Ankara gown which was sewn few days ago for today. Of course so she can see I dress decently if not I could have worn one of my silky gowns.

I got into ya umar's car because he agreed to take me there. We were half way there when ya faruk broke the silence "you are excited to get married aren't you?"

"Yes I am. But I'm a little nervous too you know" I admitted honestly. Sure I was happy to get married but that means my life will change even the slightest bit of it. And then the responsibilities that follow it. Goddammit.

"Don't worry when ever zayn troubles or upset you, you call me immediately and I will break his face" ya faruk said making me chuckle. He has alway been an overprotective brother. Though I didn't experience it, I heard stories from Layla.

"He will never do such things to me insha Allah" I told ya faruk who shrugged "just saying"

I smiled and looked ahead. Soon we were at the gate. "I'm picking aunty and nana" he said and I nodded.

I went inside the house and I was welcomed by aunty Zainab and nana her daughter who was married. They all looked ready to go.

"Our bride" aunty Zainab said and I smiled widely. Ya faruk greeted them and they got ready to go. Nana showed me a guest room and showed me the kitchen.

Soon they left and I was in the house alone. I think.

I texted Layla and she told me that all my friends were there and that the lefe was at home already.

She FaceTime me but didn't show me anything. All she said was that I had 20 boxes. Freaking 20 boxes of different clothes and shoes and everything.

Getting married is exciting.