29: Embrace.

Please ignore all typos and grammatical errors. This book has not been edited yet.
**

Noor's pov

I was so confused,upset and hurt.what was the meaning of all that? I mean he got angry and just chose to ignore me.

"Ouch" I whispered immediately my hand touched the hot pan. I will burn the whole kitchen if I don't stop thinking about this.

"Be careful" I heard a voice near the kitchen door. I knew it was Zayn so I didn't care to turn or answer. I placed the scrambled eggs into the plate and went towards the refrigerator but just then, he caught my hand and turned me to face him.

I rolled my eyes and released a sigh as he gave me an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry" he said.

"Let go of me Zayn" I said trying to get out of his grip. Seriously? Apologizing after all that?

"Listen...Umma had an heart attack yesterday so I left in a hurry and there was a lot in my head when I came back and I didn't want to talk...I'm sorry I shouldn't have snapped at you like that" he said. What? His mother is sick?

"How is she now? Is she better?" I asked probably sounding worried. "She is much better now and she wants to see you" he told me. Why would she want to see me?

"Why? I mean she doesn't really like me. Her condition might worsen when she sees me" I explained.

"Aaryan called and he told me Umma wants to see you" he replied.

"But-" he cut me off "please Noor come with me" he pleaded. I don't want the events of the other day to repeat.

"Fine" I mumble under my breath. "I will serve breakfast now" I said stepping out of his grip. Zayn left the kitchen soon after.

**
My palms were sweating as we neared their home. Apparently she was moved back home this morning.

"Everything will be okay I promise" Zayn tried to assure me. I sighed looking out the window as we reached the house.

I opened the car door and stepped outside. "Let's go" he said and we made our way into the house. The living room is cold like usual. Nobody seemed to be near they are all probably with Umma.

We walked to her room and sure enough Aaryan, Amira and even Husna were there. I have not seen her since the wedding and it's no surprise she is here.

"Zayn" Umma called out with a smile while sitting up right. Zayn greeted her as he went and stood next to her while I stood by the door waiting for what was coming for me.

"Noor come here dear" she said and everyone's eyes turned to me. I smiled a bright smile and walked to her bed and sat next to her feet as I greeted her. I knew Amira doesn't like me anymore and I know talking to her would create a scene here and who knows about Husna? I would be surprise if she likes me.

"I will like to have a conversation with my daughter please" Umma said and I could I wasn't the only one surprised. Daughter?

I looked at Zayn hoping at least he could stay but he gave me a reassurance looking. I could tell he badly wanted me to make up with his mother.

Everyone left leaving me with Umma who looked quite sick. "I know you are wondering why I want to talk to you in private" she said grabbing my hands with a smile and I nodded at her.

"I want to rectify my mistake. I want to apologize for the way I treated you" she said pleadingly. "No it's okay you don't ha-" she cuts me off.

"You see Zayn was my first child and I love him so much. To say the least he is my favorite child I have always adored him and he always makes me proud. I wanted him to marry Husna because she is well mannered, well cultured and educated but then you came" she stopped and took a breath. Where was this going?

"Zayn chose to be the obedient boy we raised him to be and he married you after politely ending things with Husna. But the didn't sit well with me because I chose Husna for him and he married you. I didn't give you a chance to show me how good you are. I have always pushed you from me and Amira too"

"I'm so sorry dear. Seeing Zayn fight for you and being happy with you made me realize that I was being selfish. I'm sorry" she concluded looking really guilty.

I gave her a warm smile "it's okay and I'm just glad your opinion about me has changed" I told her. I can't believe this just happened.

She opened her arms wide calling for a hug and I went in for it with a huge smile. Am I dreaming? Is this really happening?

Just then, the door opened revealing Zayn and he was just as shocked as me. "What's going on here?" Asked and we broke the hug.

"What does it look like? I'm embracing my daughter in law" Umma replied with a smile.

Zayn still looked confused as his eyes turned to me. "Oh...okay" he said. "I came to tell you I have to rush to the office now but Aaryan will drop you home when you are done" he told me. "Okay" I replied and he left.

I turned to Umma only to see her already looking at me. "I'm so glad you are his wife" she said and I smiled.

Just then, a nurse walked in with a smile. "You have to take your rest now" the nurse said checking the machines that were near Umma's bed.

"I will see you soon" she said and I nodded before leaving the room.

Zayn's mother is okay with me but Amira? I remember the last time I went to her room. It didn't end well.

"You ready to go?" Came a voice from behind me. It was Aaryan. Zayn probably told him to take me home. "I....I wanted to-"

"You are not going to her room" he said fully knowing what I wanted to say. "But what if-"

"No" he said. I stared at him for a few seconds before I released a sigh "fine" I said walking pass him outside the house.

****
Yooo♥️
I'm so sorry you guys I have not been updating and I know a lot of people are loosing interest in this book but please bare with me.
♥️
Lots of love, faeezah🤍