49: Mood swings and Cravings

Please ignore all typos and errors. This book has not been edited yet.
***
Follow me on Instagram👇
@diary_of_faeezah
(link is in my bio)
**
Enjoy💗

Zayn's pov

"So you expect us to allow you to take Noor home after all that happened?" Noor's Father asked sternly. I saw this coming but I didn't prepare for the reply.

I kept my head down in shame. I couldn't face any of them. Her Mother, Her siblings, and especially her Father were looking directly looking at me. Expecting me to say something.

I didn't know what to say. I for sure I'm not gonna sit here and justify my actions or my mother's. I deserve all the anger and frustration her parents will vent out on me.

"Look Zayn, I don't regret getting you married to my daughter and I don't want to but for the past weeks you have been giving me reasons to," Baba says quietly almost as if he didn't want the words to come out as they did.

"I know what Noor intended to do was not right and trust me, I was very angry about what she did but finding out that nothing happened to the baby, you were no way to be found. You left" I shut my eyes feeling like the ground should swallow me. I already feel terrible about what I did but this is making me feel worse.

"And don't get me started on what your mother did. If I give you my daughter now, how sure am I that no harm will come to her or the baby?" he asked but I know I'm not meant to answer that question. It is rhetorical.

I refused to look up at him even after moments of silence. I wanted him to scold and blame me for everything and I will gladly take it. I just need him to trust me one more time and I promise I will not disappoint him. I love Noor and our child more than anything and if I'm given a chance tonight, I will make the best of it.

"You returned to Nigeria today?" he asked and for the first time in like an hour, I looked up. "Yes," I replied taking a look at him. He didn't look as angry as I expected him to be. He looked rather calm, to say the least.

"You go home and clear your head Zayn, Noor will be with you soon I promise," He said. I was happy to hear that but not relieved. What does 'soon' mean? How soon is he talking about? Tomorrow?

I managed a smile and he returned it before he got on his feet. We bid farewell and he went upstairs. I finally looked at Noor who was mumbling something to her mother.

She soon walked to me and I rosed to my feet immediately overshadowing her. "Let's go I will escort you out," she said loudly. I'm pretty sure she was indirectly talking to someone. She looked behind me and I followed her gaze. Her brother Faruk was seating right there looking at us suspiciously.

I gave him a smile which he returned. "Common let's go," she said again and I nodded before I followed her outside. When we reached outside, in front of my car she turned to me with a smile. The smile I have been aching to see for weeks I couldn't help but flash her one of my best too.

"Take me out," she said almost like a kid asking to go grab a toy. "You heard what Baba said right?" I asked. I know she heard what he said but for some reason, she is still asking to go out.

"I know but you'll bring me back. It's still early and we will be quick plus I've already told Mama" she said bringing her hands to mine. I took them and squeezed them softly. "Where do you want to go?" I asked her all the while smiling like a fool. What? Allow a man to look at and admire his wife.