60: Epilogue

Please ignore all typos and errors. This book has not been edited yet.

Enjoy👀🤎

"what happened to Layla that day anyways?" She asked the question she has been dying to ask since she woke up. Whatever happened was the past but she can't just move on from it without knowing what actually happened.

"she was found that same night after your accident, the people who took her didn't cause her any physical injury but they sure did hurt her self esteem" Zayn told her and Noor's eyes widened after it dawned on her what he meant.

"they touched her inappropriately?" she asked him. maybe he meant something else but he didn't because he nodded in agreement. "it didn't get that ugly, the police and your brother found her before things escalated" He added and Noor sighed in relief. She was molested not raped.

"poor Layla had to go through all that" she muttered while getting out of bed. Zayn stood in front of the full length mirror knotting his tie. today he was going to the office. after such a long time. "the word didn't go out, it remained between the two families and those people were sent behind bars" he said and she felt satisfied. at least they didn't get away with it.

"how many were they?" she asked. "it happened 3 years ago, I can't remember" he spoke after finally knotting his tie perfectly. "yeah right" she said realizing like the very first time how much time have passed.

"just don't talk to her about it okay? it's gonna refresh old wounds" He said in a hushed voice and if she wasn't standing close to him, she wouldn't hear him. "I won't" she assured him.

She walked around the room and stood Infront of the window before she began to lift the curtains to allow fresh air in while Zayn went to the closet to take his blazer. Coming out, he noticed Noor standing by the window and he asked; "what are you doing?"

"I lifted the curtains, duhh" she replied and he looked at her face, then her body, then her face again. she was wearing only a baggy shirt which he was sure was his and it didn't pass her knees plus she didn't have anything on her head. "you are probably visible to everyone outside" he said.

she looked down from the window and saw the guards and the drivers having breakfast and chatting amongst each other. nobody's attention was elsewhere "no one's gonna look up here don't worry" she told him. he walked to her and then shut the curtains  she was standing in front of. "you should change first, someone might just catch a gaze of you" he turned to look at her.

A smile creeped on her face and Zayn raised his eyebrows in confusion. "possessive much" she said sheepishly and he rolled his eyes.

"I'm protecting you from evil eyes" he
Said.

Yeah right.

She gave him a bored expression and he sighed. "Just move away from the window" he said before he dragged her to the bathroom door.

"Go take a shower" he ordered. "Give me 20 minutes okay?" She said before disappearing into the bathroom.

He let out a low chuckle before he grabbed his watch, sprayed his cologne and marched downstairs.

Upon reaching the living area a tiny figure captured his eyes and a smile creeped on his face. There stood Ansar Infront of the standing AC trying to reach the switch or something.

"What are you doing?" He asked looking down at him. He looked startled for a second before he composed himself. "It's cold, I need to turn off the AC" he said looking up at him.

"But I can't reach it" he added looking at the AC again. "Hmm, it's quite chilly in here" he said before picking Ansar up in his arms.  He stood Infront of the AC and the little boy stretched his hand to press the button he remembered Amina told him was the AC switch.