CHAPTER 48

LIAM KNIGHT.

Scene.(Liam's Master bedroom.)

I feel somewhat satisfied after talking to my mate over the phone. Leo, my wolf was agitated earlier with concern for his mate but now I feel his happiness throughout my body as he is watching Eva sleeping through my laptop screen. She is all wrapped up in her white comforter and her pillows, looking all cute and restful.

Eva was so tired after her shift at the hospital but Leo and I wanted to spend time with our mate so our only conclusion was to share our screen as she rests on her bed and discuss about her day while, I complete my pack work but after a while, she dozed off to sleep in the middle of our conversation which led us to this sweet moment, where I could at least admire, beautiful and gentle features of my mate.

I am currently lying on my bed with laptop placed on my night stand, watching her snoring lightly. She has kind of strange habit of hugging pillows or my body while she is in deep sleep. I find myself chuckling at the thought where Eva in the middle of night hugs my body and I could feel shivers running down my body. As usual she is hugging one of her pillows tightly, my wolf wishing it could be him, beside her smelling her sweet scent.

Mr. Prickles, Eva's wild cat enters our master bedroom like he doesn't have any care in the world. He instantly jumps on the comforter, on the Eva's side of the bed and pats down the sheets with his paws before laying down his smelly body, readying himself for another nap. My Alpha wolf Leo cringes at his actions. He doesn't like any other male species near his Mate or her bed side. Leo let's out a small growl which is just enough to make this smelly creature run out of the master bedroom.

.........

Next morning, as I wake up I find my Laptop screen on same video call from last night but my mate is out of the frame. Her bed is unmade as usual and she is no where to be seen.

I glance on the call time, it about 7 hours and 35 minutes long video call. We almost spent 8 hours on video chat but i am still not satisfied. My wolf and i need her here with us.

"I see you are awake.." I hear her voice before I see her face. Then her petite body enter in the camera frame and I see her wearing maroon hospital scrubs.When her face comes in the focus and I give her sleepy smile and she returns it with bright smile of her own"Hmm." I hum in agreement.

She is all ready dressed for her hospital duty. "I like her in her scrubs." Leo mind links me and i agree. She looks very pretty in her scrubs with her hair all tied in ponytail. She then sets her phone on the kitchen island table where she could talk to me while having her breakfast.

She described her breakfast being simple eggs and toast with some orange juice. I curiously listen her every word.
She further continues her conversation and tells me about some of her co workers at the hospital and they all seem to be nice and helpful.

"Did you sleep well.?" She asks with a excitement and my wolf's senses perks up in excitement.

"It was okay.." out of nowhere smelly cat jumps over the comforter, which is draped over my lower limbs. He must have heard her voice as he came so quickly.

"....GROWL,..." Leo let's out a small growl.

"Don't you dare growl on my Cat.. Leo.." she instantly scolds Leo for his behaviour and after a seconds she starts to coo to her cat .... effing Mr. Prickles like he is a kitten. "Mr. Prickles....how is my mate treating you in my absence.? Does he feed you on time?,.. I will be back soon.. I know you miss me... I miss you too Mr. Prickles...."

Mr. Prickles just ignores his owner and starts to lick his paws clean.

I let out a chuckle and question her "Do you know? Your cat ..Does exactly smells like prickles!?"

"No he does not!" she says stubbornly say.

"Yeah he does," I say. We continue to chat for a bit wher i tell her about our council charity event. The amount of money we collected from donations for elder and needy pack members.
Giving back to comunity is the motto that our pack thrives on.

Before I could further continue our chat her alarm goes off and she jumps from her bed.

"I guess its time for me to leave for the hospital., Liam babe, I will talk later. Okay? "she makes up her messy bed and organise few things before looking into the screen as of she is waiting for my reply.

I simply nod and say "have a nice day."

..........

Later, when I get into my pack office I see, my Beta Maxwell by my table sipping on his coffee from his go to cup. He looks like he was on all night duty and didn't get any sleep last night. "Had a good night?" I ask.

"Not really. I was in the hospital all night last night. It was kind of tiring.." he says. He is not in Beta mode, neither I do feel to be an Alpha today.

"Why? Were you injured? Or sick?" I ask jokingly. "I didn't recall anybody informing me about anything happening to you last night. You should have mind linked me about your problem." I joke.

"Dude did you forget already?" He lifts up his eyebrows in question.

"I don't remember anything important today."

He further narrows his eyes at me. I get the signal that he is not in mood to joke today "What?" I ask in irritation.

"Elisa? Leo's attack? Her Bleeding from shoulder and her going to the hospital.?" He questions.

I let out a groan. "So, what the news then?" i get main to the point. Him being her means something is serious, otherwise he would have spend all his day with his mate.

"Alpha Daniel called earlier and he wanted to talk to you.." Alpha Daniel is the Alpha of Crimson Elite Pack, I only met him once before I became Alpha. As far I remember him as demanding, controlling and stubborn like his daughter. "...and he won't tell me the reason. I can only say that he knows about his daughter being attacked by you." Maxwell shrugs, pulls out his phone from his pocket and starts to type something on the screen.

My mood instantly changes as I think about possible scenarios.
Suddenly my office phone lying on the table rings and I see unfamiliar phone number on the screen. Maxwell hops his head over the phone and says, "It's Alpha Daniel."

.....

Thanks.
It's my 48th chapter.
Hope you like it.
Let me know about your suggestions.
Thanks.

You can now follow me on instagram: emmabree0045.

Ask any questions and i will try to reply your questions.

EMMA.,/ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\