CHAPTER 54

MAXWELL.

Scene. (Stonewell Mansion. Dark forest. No pack Land.)

"Ok. Sam, you and your team will attack from the south entrance and I will attack from the north entrance. And don't hesitate to kill anybody who is a threat for our pack." I mind link him.

I signal my men to enter the mansion and look out for Alpha Liam. As we enter through the long hallways of the mansion we find no one. Not a single soul, just strong smell of vinegar.

It's a no pack Land area which has deep forests tress all surrounding it. It contains every wild creature possible so it becomes hard for even werewolves with strong smelling powers to smell someone in this dense forest area.

When Luna Eva got a mysterious phone call from some man, she wanted to check for her mate by herself in this mansion but her pregnancy doesn't allow her to shift into her wolf and run. So we made an agreement that she would stay at pack house and take care of the pup while I would come here to check out this place for her mate.

It could be a trap of our enemies but we need to check by our selves that Alpha Liam is here or not.

"Beta Maxwell, you got to see this..." Samuel one of my enforcers call me into the room at the basement of the mansion.

In the basement there is no lights, only natural light from the from the sun through the window but it's mostly dark in here, which makes it difficult to figure out things in the dark even with our night vision. It has a strong smell of vinegar and as we step further into the room I see there some bodies of dead wolves lying around, and on the other end I see silver chains attached to wall, or I can say they were attached to the wall before someone powerful ripped them off along with the stone wall.

I know deep down only an Alpha can do this, no one has such power to rip off chains from stony wall, when the chains are also of most dangerous metal Silver.
Silver is one of most dangerous metal for our kind. It slowly burn through the skin and it's prolonged effect can kill some week wolf within few days. It makes our body week and makes the person crazy as the brain becomes foggy due to it's allucinations and pain effect on nerve receptors.

I let my gaze look around, I see the men who tried to capture someone who has An Alpha powers, some of them are in the wolf form and some are in human form. All of them are dead with their limp bodies on the floor. The vinegar smell is so strong that it has covered the nasty smell of blood on the floor. If our Alpha were here, there is no way possible to confirm if he was ever here.

I mind link my enforcers to check out at least 20 mile parameters for any evidence. Sam, head enforcer sends out one of his best enforcers along with best trackers and hunters of our pack.

"We need to make sure to check for anything that might give us clue about Alpha Liam." I mind link mark.

My guts say that it was Liam who killed those Wolves in the basement of the mansion. I have been his best friend for so long that unknown what his Kill-bite looks like. Leo is ruthless when it comes to kill some body.

I order men to look out in the mansion once again. I need to be satisfied about Liam not being here in this mansion.

I know he was here, he is an Alpha, he might be injured but I know he is alive and safe. And as his Beta it's my duty to bring him back home safe to his mate and unborn pup.

.....

"Beta Maxwell. we found Alpha Leo. He is umm ....." he paused for a minute.

"what?" I ask.

"....unconscious at the moment. I think." I hear one of my enforcers confused voice through mind link.

He tell me the location which is near the river which is about 4 miles from the mansion.

"Secure all of the surroundings. Make sure he is safe, I am on my way." I say and shift into my wolf Maximos and get to Alpha Liam as fast as my body can take me.

I let out a sigh of relief when I see Alpha Leo asleep under a tree. His huge chest's rapid rising and falling is what gives me sense of relief, at least he is alive.

I let a chuckle escape me and pack enforcers look all confused at me. Leo is snoring so loudly that pack enforces are afarid to wake him up from his deep sleep.

"Alpha Leo is just asleep. No need to worry i will wake him up." I check on Leo before i let my enforcer's marked tension ease a bit.

I shake Leo a bit and muffle his hairs a bit in a playful manner. He lets out a groan. "Leo wake up. We need to get you back home to your mate. She is waiting for you." I smoothly pet his hairs and his nose, he suddenly wakes up with a growl. He doesn't like anybody touch body.

......

Thanks.
It's my 54 th chapter.
Hope you like it.
Let me know about your suggestions.
Thanks.

You can now follow me on instagram: emmabree0045.

Ask any questions and i will try to reply your questions.

EMMA.,/ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\

(17-06-2022)