Ch3. Time

"So that's why you didn't want me telling Mr.Cedric about you being a witch?" Sofia asked.

Y/n nodded.

"But there isn't anything wrong with being a witch"

Y/n shrugged. "I guess she doesn't like telling people we are witches since you know, Witches are stereotyped as bad" Y/n said frowning.

"I don't think you're bad" Sofia said smiling.

Y/n looked at Sofia and looked down at her amulet. Her eyes widened "That's the amulet of avalor right?" Y/n asked.

"Hm? Oh Yes it is. How'd you know?" Sofia gripped her amulet.

"I've read a bit about it. That Amulet is very powerful, from what I read." Y/n said smiling.

"You're lucky to have an amulet like that. I learned about it a while ago in a spell book I have. Do you have any abilities?" Y/n asked.

Sofia stayed quiet.

"Oh sorry. You don't have to tell me if you don't want too. I won't tell anyone" Y/n said backing off.

"No It's okay! I..not many people know about this..but this amulet lets be talk to animals!" Sofia said.

"Oh? Really? That's incredible!"

Sofia nodded.

"Princess Sofia May I come in?" Baileywick asked.

"Yep!"

Baileywick walked in with a dress in hand. "Hello Ladies! Hopefully I'm not interrupting something."

"Not at all Baileywick! Well that's a beautiful dress!" Sofia said.

"It's for you. For tomorrow's enchanted feast"

"Oh! I completely forgot about it. Well I'm excited!" Sofia squealed.

"Well I'll leave you two be. If you need anything just pull that rope!"

"Enchanted feast?" Y/n questioned.

"My dad is having guests over and we are having a big feast! Enchanted since Mr.Cedric is going to do his spells and entertainment! Oh! Would you like to come? I'm sure my dad—"

"I don't think it's a good idea."

Sofia pouted.

"Why? I'd like to have you as a guest too! We are friends! I'm sure he won't mind!"

Y/n looked down.

"Oh! Sorry, if you don't want to go that's alright!"

Y/n smiled at Sofia's kindness.

"It's fine Sofia. It's just..how can I put this? I'm not royalty, not a royal. That feast is just royalty. I am just someone from the village. Besides I don't even have a dress in my wardrobe!" Y/n replied hiding her head in her hands.

She sighed and placed her hands in her lap.

"I'd like to accept your invitation but..I'm not sure about it"

Sofia smiled softly and sat across from her.

"If you don't feel comfortable, I won't want you to be uncomfortable. I understand, but I assure you it won't matter to them. I'll make sure of it! I own you since you helped me out!"

Y/n smiled. "You remind me of someone very close to me"

"Oh I do? Who?"

Y/n smiled and said "my nephew..Ethan"

"An enchanted feast!? Y/n seriously!? With royalty!?" Evan shouted.

"Evan no shouting! But yes he is right. An enchanted feast?..although maybe it might be a good idea.."

Y/n and Evan shared glances. 

"What!? Seriously!" They said in unison.

"If Sofia invited you and the...king. Was alright with it then..I don't see why not. Besides it could do me—us some good" Her mother said smiling.

Evan and Y/n shared confusing glances.

"What do you mean?" Y/n questioned.

Her mother walked up to her and cupped her face.

"Don't worry about it , hija"
Daughter

"Just go enjoy the feast tomorrow alright? And behave"

Y/n nodded