Ch19. Gifts

More days has passed. It was now the day before Wassailia and everyone in the castle or more like in the kingdom were all getting ready for the big day.

Thankfully no active from Y/n's mother or brother have been detected since the incident between her and Evan. Things have been going alright for now.

"Sof. You think this is a good idea..?"

Y/n going sorta insane since she didn't know what to give secret yet. As a gift, physical since she already planned out a small date they both will have since they haven't been on a date yet.

"That looks amazing! I'm sure Mr.Cedric will like it!"

"Hmm I don't know..no no. I need to think about something more..important, something bigger."

Y/n ripped the paper she was using, crumbling up and throwing it in the trash.

"I'm sure he will like anything you give me. After all you are his partner~"

Y/n blushed "yeah..but it has to be something special..hmm. Sofia what is your gift for him?"

"This! I just finished it!"

Sofia held up a box and opened it, revealing it to be a box to put a wand in.  Y/n stared in awe.

"Sofia that's a beautiful gift. I'm sure he will love it.."

Sofia smiled happily. Then she stood up. "I'll be right back! I have something to ask Mr.Cedric!"

"Um alright. I'll be here"

With that Sofia ran off. Y/n bagged her head on the wall.

What do I do? What do I do? What do I give him?

Y/n looked out of the window of Sofia's room. Seeing all the snow all over the castle.

What's something he needs most?

Y/n pouted, holding up her wand and conjuring a small snowman with the small amount of snow on the windowsill.

Oliver flew up startling y/n make her small snowman to explode, covering her in snow.

"Oliver! What the hell!?" Y/n said wiping off the snow. She then laughed a bit, "you dork. You covered me in snow!" Y/n said with a chuckle.

The owl hooted standing on the windowsill. Staring at her. "What is it?"

Oliver chirped moving his beak to his neck. Signaling y/n to look. There was a small ribbon, tied to it was a note rolled up.

Y/n grabbed the notes reading it. Her eyes widened reading it.

"Oh Merlin's mushrooms.."

"Oh my" Sofia said walking into Cedric's workshop. Cedric turned seeing Sofia walk, covering the book he was looking at. "Don't you know anything about knocking!?"

"I'm sorry Mr.Cedric, I just came to see if you're just as worried as Y/n is, and it seems that you are" Sofia said walking over to him. His shoulders softened up "worried? Why is she worried?"

"For Wassailia of course, but I'm not allowed to say anything!" Sofia said.

Cedric slouched his shoulders "Wassailia..? Well, is there anything else you need or want to request?"

"What are you going to give Y/n?"

Cedric blushed "um..I'm—not sure she'll like the gift I have planned for her.." he said glancing at the book he was look at Sofia peeking over.

Cedric noticed and moved his arm for Sofia to see. "You..think she'll like it? I know it's not that special-"

"Of course it's special! You're putting the effort into it! I think it's a wonderful gift!"

Cedric smiled "you really think she'll like it?"

Sofia nodded "I'm sure she'll love it!"

Cedric chuckled at Sofia's excitement. "Anything you give her I know she'll love and appreciate it"

"Well, thank you princess Sofia"

"Oliver It's best you stay here..you can't go back out Alright?.." y/n said pointed at the owl with a paintbrush.

Y/n swiped her hand on her face to get rid of the paint she felt on her cheek. But it actually made it worse. Smudging it more across her face.

Oliver flew down onto y/n's shoulders, losing her balance and almost messed up what she was working on. "Oliver! Please don't move me so much. I know you're small but still."

He hooted and flew down next to her. "I'm almost done and I don't want to mess up.."

Sofia hurried into her room smiling and saw
Y/n on the floor, surrounded in different colors of paint.

"Oh? You got busy!"

Y/n hummed in response. Sofia skipped over looking what she was painting and stared in awe.

"Oh my Y/n. That is beautiful! For Mr.Cedric am I right?"

"yep"

"Im sure he'll love it!"

Hours have passed of stressing about the big day of Wassailia to come, it was now late.

This night Sofia asked if Y/n she could stay over. Since Cedric was actually working on something he didn't want Y/n to see yet.

Sofia was already fast asleep, snoring lightly. Y/n, staring out the window looking up. She couldn't fall asleep.

wassailia. this year it's different..

y/n smiled thinking of the thought that this Wassailia she'll be spending it with someone special.

Wassailia with Cedric this year? Heh..I hope this Wassailia is gonna be awesome..

Y/n's eyes widened seeing a note floating in front of the window. Opening and taking the note, she looked forward and saw Cedric's window of his tower was open.

And there he was standing at the window looking at her.

Opening the note it read:

better get some sleep darling, tomorrow is a big day isn't it? A day we'll be together. So get some sleep, don't worry about me. I'll get some sleep. Sleep well my love.

-Cedric