14. Spirit Animals

Halfway through their second week back at Hogwarts, the animagus potion was ready.
The Marauders all snuck into the Forbidden Forest that night, so that no one would catch them illegally transforming.
Since Raya and Remus were not becoming animagi, all they could do was stand and watch, as their friends went through the process.
The potion had to be drunk by each of those becoming animagi, and then a series of words were repeated over and over again, until the transformation was complete.

Raya stepped back as her friends bodies began to change.
James started getting larger, while Peter and Sirius's bodies got smaller.
In under a minute, the process was complete, and Raya's friends had now become their spirit animals.
James was a stag, Sirius was a black shaggy dog, and Peter was a rat.
"I can't believe that it actually worked" admitted Raya.
"Me neither. I didn't think a bunch of 5th years would be able to pull it off" replied Remus.
"Well, they have been planning this ever since they found out you were a werewolf. So, they've had plenty of time to do the research. But a part of me still wasn't sure whether or not it would really work. I guess I was proved wrong".

After a few minutes of frolicking around the clearing in the forest, the boys all changed back into their human forms.
"That was amazing" grinned James.
"I know right. It was like I actually was a dog. All my senses were heightened, just like a real dog" admitted Sirius.
"It was rather frightening being so small. I wish I was a bigger animal, like you two" mumbled Peter.
"Don't worry about it, you'll always have us beside you when you transform, so you don't need to worry about anything eating you" reassured James.

"So, now that you three are really animagi, does that mean you can transform at will, without the use of a wand?" Questioned Raya.
"Let's find out" replied James.
A second later they vanished and became their animagus forms, before returning back into humans.
"Easy peasey" continued James.
"Credit where credits due, you all did a great job, I'm so proud of you all" praised Raya.
"Thanks. I'm pretty impressed with us all as well" replied James.
"You have now officially broken the law, and could end up in Azkaban for what you've done" reminded Remus.
"Such a party pooper, Remus" scolded James.

Sirius made his way over to Remus and ruffled his hair, "Lighten up mate. Now that we are animagi, you never have to go through your werewolf transformations by yourself. We will be with you every single full moon, from now until the end of time".
"I'm still not sure that this is a good idea" mumbled Remus.
"We've been planning this for years, and now that we've finally succeeded there is no way we aren't going to follow through with what we promised. Werewolves are not a threat to other animals, so you won't hurt us while you're transformed. Which means there is nothing for you to be worried about" insisted Sirius.

"I wish I could be there to support you as well" sighed Raya.
"Even if you were an animagus, I still wouldn't want you with me when I transformed. I nearly killed you once Raya, and I will never take that risk ever again. I never want to hurt you like I did last time" admitted Remus.
"It wasn't your fault" reminded Raya.
"No, but I still hurt you. You are scarred for life, because of me".
Raya stepped towards Remus, and placed her hand onto his arm, "But I am not afraid of you, nor am I angry at you for what happened. Since it was out of your control. You're my brother and I will always love you, no matter what".
"Thanks sis" mumbled Remus.

"I'm actually looking forward to our first full moon as animagi" admitted James.
"Yes, it's going to be so much fun" agreed Sirius.
"I wonder what each of your spirit animals says about your personality. Sirius's is easy, because dogs are extremely loyal creatures. And Sirius would do anything to protect his friends" said Raya.
"That's true" replied Sirius.
"I suppose my stag just proves that I'm the leader of our pack" boasted James.
"I was going to say that you are posh and like to brag about who you are. You are also a show off, just like a stag" admitted Raya.
"That's a bit harsh" frowned James.
"But also kind of true" replied Raya.

"What does me being a rat, say about my personality?" Asked Peter curiously.
"I'm not sure. Maybe that you are good at being in a pack, because in the wild, rats are often found in large groups. Perhaps you're a rat because you don't do well on your own, and thrive around other people" suggested Raya.
"That makes sense" agreed Peter.
"Rats also have a bad reputation, but are actually super sweet. Which fits you as well".
Peter smiled, "Thank you".
"So, I guess that means all of our animals fit us amazingly well, which makes sense as they are our spirit animals" said Sirius.

"What are you going to do now with all your free time, since you don't have to research animagi anymore?" Questioned Raya.
James and Sirius smiled at each other.
"We were thinking of making an enchanted map of Hogwarts" revealed James.
"And not just one that shows all the classrooms and secret passageways, but one that tells you where every single person in the castle is. That way you can see if any teachers are coming your way, so you don't get caught breaking any rules" added Sirius.

"That sounds awesome, but also kind of impossible" admitted Raya.
"It's not impossible. But it is going to be very tricky. However, with all five of us working on it together, I'm sure we will be able to create our very own Marauders Map" announced James.
"Is that what you plan on calling it?" Questioned Raya.
"Well, it was one of the names I had. Why, do you have a problem with it?"
"No. But everyone at school knows our nickname is the Marauders. So, if someone finds the map, they will know it's ours, and we will all get in big trouble"
"Don't worry, we'll seal the map with magic, so that only we can use it".

"You really have thought of everything" sighed Raya.
"Yep" grinned James.
"I suppose it would be too much to ask that we get through a school year without doing something illegal" replied Raya.
"We are the Marauders, breaking the rules is our fortè and illegal is our middle name"
"You're never going to settle down and have a quiet life, are you James?"
"Absolutely not".

"I guess that's why you're our group leader then" admitted Raya.
"Because I'm the bravest and most daring person in the gang? Not to mention the best looking, and most popular" grinned James, as he flexed his muscles.
"No. Because you are the one who always comes up with some crazy idea, that will get us all into trouble" replied Raya.
"And that's the reason you all love me. Without me, your lives would be so boring"
"Yes, they would be. And none of us want a boring life, which is why we are best friends with you"
"Exactly".