36. Drinking Buddies

Raya wanted to talk to Regulus, to let him know that Sirius was O.K, despite him getting disowned. But every time she saw him he was surrounded by his Slytherin friends, so she was unable to get a moment alone with him.
Although Raya could tell that Sirius wanted to talk to Regulus, he stayed away from his brother to protect him.
They all knew that Walburga would be angry with Regulus, if she found out he had been spending time with Sirius.
So, while at Hogwarts, the two boys would have to stay apart.

James did his best to show the school that he was no long a delinquent boy, but a mature man.
He handed in his homework on time, and tried his best to avoid getting a detention where possible.
All the teachers were very impressed that he had turned a corner.
James even eased off the pranks slightly, and stopped jinxing random people in the corridors.
However, James still made it his personal mission, to make Severus's life a living hell.
He would trip him in corridors, throw things at him, and call him mean nicknames every single day.

While alone with his friends, James was still the jokester that they all loved. And the Marauders snuck out almost every night under the invisibility cloak.
Since they had the Marauders Map they didn't need to worry about getting caught, because they could see where everyone in the castle was.
On Raya's birthday, they all snuck into their favourite clearing in the Forbidden Forest, and made a bonfire.
James was looking forward to letting his hair down and having some proper fun, after being reasonably well behaved for the first 4 weeks of term.

"Tell me why we couldn't do this someone safer, like the Shrieking Shack?" Questioned Raya.
"We couldn't have a fire in the shack without accidently burning it to the ground" answered Sirius.
"I didn't need you guys to make a big fuss over me and build a bonfire. I'm not the one turning 17" reminded Raya.
"But we still wanted to make a fuss of you, because it's your birthday and we care about you"
"You guys have already given me loads of gifts today, I really didn't need any more suprises"
"Well, consider this your last suprise of the day"
"I wish the suprise was a little less life threatening, as there a dozens of dangerous creatures in this forest that would love to rip us into shreds before devouring us".

"Come on Lioness, where's your sense of adventure?" Teased James, as he threw his arm around Raya's shoulders.
"I think I left it back in the castle" replied Raya.
"Don't be such a spoil sport. You love all this really, and we come into the forest all the time without bad things happening" smiled James, as he let Raya go and threw another stick against the bonfire.
"My sister does have a point. I mean, what if the teachers see the fire from the castle?" Questioned Remus.
"You worry too much, Moony. The teachers do not patrol the corridors all night, so by now they are all asleep in bed" reassured James.
"Filch never seems to sleep" corrected Remus.
"True. But he doesn't leave the castle, because he searches for wrongdoers in the corridor's. He's not looking outside for fires in the forest. And even if he does see the smoke, he will assume the centaurs are just having a party".

"Do you have an answer to everything, Prongs?" Questioned Raya.
James grinned, "Yep. That's one of the advantages of being the famous James Potter".
"I don't think famous is the right word" teased Raya.
"One day I will be the most famous person the world" announced James, as he jumped up onto a tree stump and stretched out his arms dramatically.
"Ha! In your dreams, Prongs"
"You just wait and see, I will prove you wrong".

"Enough of your bragging, it's time for a toast. Peter, have you got the drinks?" Asked Sirius.
"Yes. I've got it all right here" answered Peter, as he pulled put a large bag and dumped it in the middle of the group.
"What's in there?" Questioned Raya suspiciously.
"Hopefully, as many butterbeers as Peter could carry in one trip" admitted Sirius.
Peter smiled, "I might not be the strongest in the group, but I think I managed to carry enough butterbeer to last us through the night".
James fist pumped the air before jumping down off the tree stump to pick up a beer, "That's what I like to hear".

"Once Sirius is 17 in November, he will be able to bus us proper alcoholic drinks. And I can't wait to try some firewhisky" continued James.
"Gigglewater looks fun to drink as well" grinned Sirius.
"We will have to go through every single drink at the Three Broomsticks" replied James.
"I doubt they will let Sirius buy for us, because the bartenders will know we are not of age" said Remus.
"Then we'll go to the Hog's Head, because I doubt that old guy cares about whether or not someone is 17" replied James.
"You are unbelievable" sighed Remus.

"Lighten up Moony, the full moon was 3 days ago, so you haven't got another one for a whole month" reminded James.
Remus smiled, "That is something good to think about".
"Exactly. Now, everyone grab a butterbeer and raise a glass to Raya, who is now 15 years old" instructed James.
The rest of them picked up a butterbeer, before flicking their wands at the cap to take it off the bottle.
Sirius stood next to Raya, and took hers all for her.

Once that was done, they all raised their bottles into the air, which made Raya blush with embarrassment.
"Happy birthday Raya. Our lives wouldn't be the same without you, so thanks for sticking around. Here's to another hundred birthdays with us at your side. To Raya!" Continued James.
"To Raya" everyone chorused, before taking a swig of their drinks.
As Sirius and James took a sip, they clocked eyes, and neither wanted to stop drinking before the other one.
"Merlin's beard" groaned Remus when he realised what they were doing.
"Come on Prongs" cheered Peter.
"You can do it Padfoot" encouraged Raya.

A few seconds later, Sirius raised his empty bottle in the air, triumphantly.
"Take that Prongs. I win" boasted Sirius.
"And the winner gets a kiss" revealed Raya, before leaning over and kissing Sirius on the lips.
"You may have won this time Padfoot, but there are a lot of beers left, and at some point tonight I will beat you" informed James.
"Let me remind everyone that we have lessons tomorrow" announced Remus.
"Who cares? If the worst comes to the worst, we just fake being ill" shrugged James.
"I thought you were supposed to be turning over a new leaf. Besides, don't you think it would look a bit suspicious if we all skipped class, the day after Raya's birthday" replied Remus.

"We only have our birthdays once a year, so I am allowed to let loose on those days" insisted James.
"He's got a point, Remy. James has been doing very so far, and I think he deserves tonight off being good" admitted Raya.
Remus sighed, "I give up".
He then downed his own bottle, before throwing it down onto the ground, and picking up a new one.
"Wooo! This night is going to be great" roared James excitedly, before picking up another bottle for him and Sirius.
"Please don't forget who's party this is" Raya said quietly to Sirius, as he took the butterbeer from James.
Sirius smiled and placed his arm around Raya's waist, "As if I would ever need reminding of who the most important person in the world was. I love you Raya, and don't ever forget that".
"And I love you too" smiled Raya.