38. Consequences

The group walked back to Dumbledore's office in silence, where they found a very embarrassed Sirius waiting for them.
Since Raya was angry at him for what he had done, she didn't run to embrace him. Instead, she just stayed next to James.
Dumbledore took a seat behind his desk, and McGonagall remained standing by his side.
Sirius, Raya, James, and Severus all shuffled in front of the desk, keeping their heads low to avoid looking at their angry teachers.

"Before I start, Miss Lupin do you need to go to the hospital wing?" Questioned Dumbledore.
"No, I'm fine" insisted Raya.
"Don't lie. We can all see the blood staining your hair and the back of your jumper" replied Dumbledore.
"It doesn't hurt that much, and it is nowhere near as bad as the wound he gave me" admitted Raya, as she pointed at Severus.
"You weren't bitten were you?"
"No Professor, it's just another scratch, I swear".

"You're hurt" gasped Sirius, as he moved to put his arms protectively around Raya.
"Don't Sirius. I am not in the mood to deal with you right now" interjected Raya, as she blocked her body with her arms.
"Even if the wound is not severe, I would still prefer it if you went to Madam Pomfrey" informed Dumbledore.
Raya sighed, "Fine, I'll go. But only after this meeting has finished. I'm not going to let you discuss my brother, without me here to defend him".
"Why do you think your brother needs defending? I was lead to believe that he was not to blame for what happened tonight" replied Dumbledore

"Just because Remus had nothing to do with any of this, that doesn't mean people won't talk badly of him, because of his affliction. Ignorant people, will always talk badly about people like us. And now that he knows the truth, he is bound to say horrible things about my brother, and try and get him expelled. Which is why I have to be here to protect Remus" announced Raya, pointing once again at Severus.
"Very well, you may stay. As long as you promise to go to the hospital wing once this meeting is over" replied Dumbledore.
"I promise" mumbled Raya.

"Good. Now, let's get onto the events that occurred here tonight, and perhaps some of you can fill in the gaps. I know part of the story, as Mr Black has already filled me in on what he did. But I do not know what happened after you left him in Gryffindor tower and headed to the Shrieking Shack" informed Dumbledore.
James looked at Raya, silently asking her if she wanted to do the talking or not.
She was thankful that he allowed her the option of explaining her side of the story first.
He was definitely maturing, as the old James would have jumped in with his tale first, and done anything to protect Sirius to make Severus look like the bad guy.

"Well, me and James ran as fast as we could, towards the Whomping Willow, and then entered the secret tunnel underneath it. When we reached the end of the tunnel we could see that the trap door was open, so we knew someone had entered the Shrieking Shack after Madam Pomfrey had left. I climbed the ladder first, and saw Severus pinned against the wall, with Remus advancing on him. I quickly pushed Severus to the ground, which is when my neck got scratched. James then entered the room, and caused a distraction for us, so that we could escape back into the tunnel. Once we were safe, James joined us in the tunnel, and shut the trap door behind him" explained Raya.
"So, Mr Lupin was not able to escape the shack tonight?" Questioned Dumbledore.
"No, Professor" answered Raya.

"Good. Mr Potter, is there anything you would like to add?" Asked Dumbledore.
"Not really, sir. I think Raya covered most of it. When we found out what Sirius had done we ran to the Shrieking Shack to stop Severus from seeing Remus. But unfortunately when we got there, Severus was already inside the shack, and had seen Remus. So, I placed protective magic around him and Raya, until they were safe. Before exiting the shack myself" revealed James.
"That was very dangerous and foolish, Potter. Leaving the grounds after hours to confront a werewolf, without a member of staff could have resulted in your death. However, your actions may have saved Snape's life tonight" replied McGonagall.