53. End Of Year Plans

At first, Raya wasn't sure how she felt about Lily being a permanent member of the group, even though she liked her.
The Marauders had been friends for over 6 years, so to have someone else join the gang felt a little strange.
But after a while Raya realised how much she had been missing having a girl in her life.
After hanging out with boys for so many years, she had almost forgotten how to be a normal girl.
Hairstyles, and heels were unknown concepts to her.
But Lily was on hand to answer all of her questions and help her out when she needed girly advice.
And soon Lily became the sister that Raya had never had.

"We've done it" announced James one evening, when him and Lily entered the common room.
"Done what?" Questioned Raya, who didn't even look up from her OWL revison notes.
"We've convinced Dumbledore to let us hold an end of year dance in the great hall" revealed Lily.
"With everything going on in the world right now, he thought it was a brilliant way to cheer everyone up and boost the 7th years morale before they leave school and head out into the real world" added James.
"Nice one Prongs, you've been trying all year to convince the teachers to let you hold the dance, so well done for succeeding" praised Peter.
"Thanks mate" replied James.

"Personally I think I've got far too much on my mind right now to worry about a school dance" admitted Remus.
"The dance will be held after all of the exams have finished, so you've got no excuse not to attend" informed James.
Remus sighed and looked up from his homework, "What would I even wear to a formal event like that?".
"I will provide you with dress robes if you need some, don't worry" replied James.

"I suppose this is another event I will have to miss, because I'm not in your year" sighed Raya.
James grinned and shook his head, "Nope. While the dance is for 7th years, they may bring along a date from any year group, if they want to".
"Was this loop hole written in just for me?" Questioned Raya.
"Yes and no. You are the reason we wanted some younger students to be able to attend. But I'm sure everyone else who's dating a younger person, will be grateful for the loop hole".

Sirius smiled and threw his arm around Raya's shoulders.
"See, Prongs wouldn't forget about you, and leave you out of something so important" said Sirius.
"Siri, I'm glad I can go to the dance, but stop trying to distract me. Before this dance, I have OWLs to study for, remember" groaned Raya, as she pulled Sirius's arm off her.
"But you've been revising hard for weeks. Can't you take one night off?" Asked Sirius.
"I have my first exam next week, and if I fail my OWLs, I won't be allowed back next year"
"And I'm sure you will ace the test, because you have never failed one in your whole life. So come on, take the evening off to talk about the dance with us".
Raya looked around at all her friends faces, and sighed as she folded up her revision notes.
"Alright fine, you win".

"I'm looking forward to going to my first formal dance" admitted Lily.
"I've been to several of my parents gatherings, but none of them were as fun as this one is going to be, because you and I get to arrange every single detail together" smiled James, as he placed his arm around her waist.
"I know. It's going to be so much fun to plan. But I've got no idea what I am going to wear" replied Lily.
"You will look beautiful in anything".

"I would offer you one of the dresses Euphemia has given me over the years, but I'm not sure it will fit you, as you are a lot taller than me" said Raya.
"Thanks for the offer- Oh, I have an idea. Why don't we both go shopping together in Hogsmeade, for brand new dresses for the dance?" Suggested Lily.
Raya bit her lip awkwardly, as she didn't really have the funds to buy a new outfit.

James seemed to notice her discomfort and stepped in.
"How about I take both of you lovely ladies down to Gladrags Wizard Wear this weekend, and treat you both to a fancy new frock each. You can choose whatever you like, including accessories and I will pay for it all" offered James.
"Are you sure?" Questioned Raya.
"Of course. It won't really be me paying, it will be my dad, since he's the one who doubled our families fortune. And my dad loves you, so he will have no qualms about me buying you a dress" reassured James.
"Alright then. I think a trip to Hogsmeade this weekend sounds perfect. It will take our minds off our upcoming exams for a few hours at least"
"Good. That's settled then".

"Do I get to come with you?" Asked Sirius.
"No, I want my dress to be a suprise" answered Raya.
"Aww, but you know how much I love shopping, especially for clothes" replied Sirius.
"I know. But this is one shopping experience you are going to have to miss"
"Spoilsport".
"Now that that's sorted, we need to find dates for Remus and Peter" announced James.
"They don't have to bring a date if they don't want to, and I don't want you setting them up with anyone against their will" Lily said sternly to James.
"As if I would do that" grinned James.

"Actually, I was thinking of asking Mary if she would go with me" revealed Remus quietly.
"Mary MacDonald?" Questioned Sirius.
"Yes. I know you two dated a while back, but you don't mind if I ask her out, do you?" Asked Remus.
"Of course not. Me and Mary didn't even go out for that long anyway. Besides, I have Raya, so I don't care who any of my exes decide to date"
"I don't know if the two of us will start dating. But I just wanted to ask her to the dance, because I do quite like her".
"Mary would love to go with you, Remus" smiled Lily.

"That just leaves Wormtail. So, who have you got your eye on?" Asked Sirius.
"Well, there's this nice 6th year girl called Olive, who I like talking to at Gobstones club" answered Peter.
"Good. You'll take this Olive girl, Remus will take Mary, Sirius will take Raya, and I'll take Lily" announced James.
"What if I don't want to go with you" replied Lily.
James's face fell, and Lily laughed, "I'm only teasing you, James".
James sighed in relief and ran his fingers through his hair, "You scared me then".
"I love you, James Potter, and there is no one else I would rather go to the dance with" reassured Lily.
"Good. Because the feeling, is mutual".