35. School Changes

Raya tried to split her time between the Potters and her own home.
But she found it difficult to stay away from James's house, as that was were Sirius was.
When the Marauders Hogwarts letters arrived at the end of the summer holidays, Euphemia took them all to Diagon Alley and bought them the new books they needed, and brand new robes as they had outgrown their old ones.
Since Raya's original robes had been second hand, she was thrilled to get the chance to wear new ones that were tailored to fit her.
And in no time at all, it was September, and time for them all to return back to Hogwarts.

"I'm so excited to be a 6th year" announced Sirius, once they had arrived back inside the boys dormitory.
"Me too. I'm looking forward to dropping all the subjects I didn't like" smiled Peter.
"The only reason we are allowed to drop the subjects we didn't get a high enough grade in, is because studying NEWTs is so hard, that we need the extra time to dedicate to the subjects we do like" reminded Remus.
"Yeah, but having free periods is going to be so cool. We'll get even more chances to roam the corridors with no one else around" replied Peter.

"Lucky you" mumbled Raya.
"Don't be so sour, you'll get your turn eventually" scolded James.
"You guys better not have too much fun without me, while I'm stuck in boring lessons" replied Raya.
"We could never have fun without you, as you are the one that brings the fun" admitted Sirius.
"Thanks Siri" smiled Raya.
"Padfoot's right, we never have fun when you aren't around" informed James.
"What about every full moon?" Questioned Raya.
"That's different, because Moony isn't exactly present during those nights" answered James.
"I guess that's true" sighed Raya.

"I must say, that it is good to be able to use our nicknames again, since we couldn't risk using them too often around my parents, or they would start asking what our nicknames mean" admitted James.
"I don't think your parents would care that we broke the law. They would just think we were so clever to figure out how to become animagi" replied Sirius.
"Yeah, maybe. But I still didn't think it was wise to tell them, which is why I insisted that we kept it quiet"
"Fleamont and Euphemia would never get us into trouble. They will always protect us even if we break a thousand Ministry laws"
"They would. But let's not try and break that many laws".

Sirius frowned, "Where's my fun loving Prongs gone? You were always the biggest risk taker out of all of us, so what happened?".
"Well, we are 6th years now, so maybe it's time we grew up a bit. Afterall, we all turn 17 soon" reminded James.
"That doesn't mean we have to become boring. Even though I turn 17 first, I am not going to suddenly start acting like an adult after my birthday" informed Sirius.
"I can't imagine you ever acting like a mature adult" admitted Raya, with a smile.
"That's because I'm one of those amazing people who can stay young and hot forever" grinned Sirius.
"Is that so? I look forward to reminding you of that statement, when you are old and grey"
"That will never happen".

Raya rolled her eyes, "So, I take it you all dropped Astronomy?".
"Yep. There are far better things to do at night than stare at the stars" answered James.
"Remembering all those star names was so hard" added Peter.
"It was certainly boring" agreed James.
"Most of the people in the Black family are named after constellations. But that doesn't mean I care about any stars except for my own" admitted Sirius.
"When you have kids, will you carry on the star tradition?" Asked Peter.
"Absolutely not. Like all of my family's traditions, that is one I definitely intend on breaking" answered Sirius.

"Astronomy doesn't contain any real magic, so it's not a class that benefits us at all, or prepares us for the real world, which is why I didn't feel bad about dropping it" admitted Remus.
"I take it you all dropped History of Magic as well?" Quizzed Raya.
"Yep, no more boring old Binns. And since we only got Acceptables in Divination, we had to drop that too, which is such a shame" smiled James.
Sirius grinned, "Oh yes, I am certainly going to miss making up elaborate dreams with you to put in our dream diaries".
"Ah yes, those were good times" mocked James.

"I also had to drop Potions, because I didn't get a high enough grade" revealed Peter quietly.
"Don't worry Wormtail. If you ever need a potion brewed for you in the future, just come to one of us, because we are all taking it at NEWT level" replied James.
"Although, I wouldn't exactly say that any of us are brilliant at Potions" admitted Sirius.
"No. We leave the showing off in Potions to freaks like Snivellus" said James.
Raya cleared her throat, "Excuse me, but I happen to be quite good at Potions. And I am not in anyway like Severus".
"I suppose that's true. But you have more time on your hands since you don't have to practice any spells for your other classes" reminded James.

"I wouldn't exactly say that I have more time on my hands, since I didn't drop any subjects this year, unlike you 4, because I am not old enough to do so. I also took 3 extra OWLs where as you all only took 2. Which means that I will be doing a lot of studying this year" announced Raya.
James sighed, "I might also have to do some studying as well".
"Why?" Questioned Remus.
"Well, if I want Lily to like me, then I need to become more intellectual" explained James.
"You shouldn't have to change yourself for a girl to like you" insisted Sirius.
"Normally I would agree with you, Padfoot. But I don't think it would hurt, if James did study harder this year, and tried to stay out of trouble" admitted Raya.

"Lily isn't the only reason I want to do better. This is my last year to prove to McGonagall that I should be the Gryffindor Quidditch Captain. Once again she looked over me, and chose someone else. If I want to be Captain next year, I have to show her that I am responsible enough to take that role. I also wouldn't mind being Head Boy next year as well, and for that to happen I have to prove to Dumbledore that I am the best male in our entire year" admitted James.
"You already are" replied Sirius.
"Thanks mate. But convincing the teachers is going to be a bit harder. Which is why this year I am going to try and knuckle down and get good grades"
"Does this mean we won't be doing any midnight prowling this year".
James smiled, "I never said that".