64. End Of An Era

Raya's last few months at Hogwarts flew by, and in no time at all, she had completed her education.
Even though she wouldn't get her NEWT results for several more weeks, she was now no longer a student, and would have to officially join the adult world.
When the Hogwarts Express pulled into Platform 9 and 3/4, Raya looked around the carriage at her old roommates, and she suddenly felt a sense of melancholy overwhelm her.
She had wished her time at Hogwarts away, because she wanted to finish school and be with the Marauders.
But now that she had finished her 7th year, and would never get to spend another night in the castle, she was beginning to feel rather sad.

"Well guys, I guess this is it" announced Raya, as the train came to a halt.
"I know, I can't really believe it" admitted Sarah, as she glanced out of the window, at the families waiting outside for the students to disembark.
"The moment we step off the train, we officially stop being students" added Ella.
"I don't want it to end" Harriet said quietly.
Raya squeezed Harriet's hand tightly, and gave her a reassuring smile.
"It's not an ending really. It's only the beginning. The beginning of our lives" insisted Raya.

"But everything is going to change now. And the 5 of us, will never share a room again" reminded Harriet.
"That doesn't mean we will never see each other again. We will always be friends, and we'll forever be an important part of each others lives. We shared a bedroom for 7 whole years, and we were there for each other when no one else was. We've experienced things together, that none of us will ever forget. So, no matter what happens in the future, the 5 of us will always remain connected" replied Raya.

"So, you aren't going to ditch us for your male friends, now that you don't have to be around us anymore?" Questioned Ella.
"Of course not. Even though we are no longer sharing a room, it doesn't mean I want to kick you out of my life all together. I may treat you guys differently to the Marauders, but that doesn't mean I think of you as my lesser friends" answered Raya.

"So, will you write to us?" Asked Lucy.
"Definitely. And I want to continue seeing you all as often as possible" admitted Raya.
"How about for our first year out of school, we meet up once a month, to catch up?" Suggested Harriet.
"That sounds like a great idea... But right now we have to get off this train and join our families outside. So, how about one last hug?" Said Raya.
The girls all stood up and embraced each other in the carriage, for the final time.

****
After exiting the train, Raya scanned the platform for the Marauders, and saw them all standing together, waiting for her.
"You took your time" commented James.
"Lovely to see you too Prongs" replied Raya, as she gave him a quick hug.
"What took you so long?" Questioned Remus, as she released James and moved to hug him.
"I had to say goodbye to my roommates" answered Raya.
"Ah, I see" replied Remus.

"It's good to see you Raya. I went and got your luggage for you, to save time" revealed Peter.
"Thanks, that was kind of you, Peter" replied Raya.
"You're welcome" smiled Peter.
Raya then threw herself into Sirius's arms and hugged him tight, before planting a kiss on his lips.
"Missed you" she whispered.
"And I missed you too" he replied, as Raya extracted herself from his arms.

Raya then turned to Lily, who was proudly showing her bump through her clothes.
"You shouldn't have risked coming out here to meet me" said Raya, as she gave Lily a gentle hug.
"You're as bad as James. If it were up to him, I wouldn't have left the house in months" sighed Lily.
"I'm just trying to protect you and keep you safe" insisted James.
"He's got a point. You are marked for death" reminded Raya.
"We are in a public place right now, Raya, so I think we are safe. Even Voldemort isn't stupid enough to attack Platform 9 and 3/4, where hundreds of armed witches and wizards are" replied Sirius.
"I guess you've got a point" mumbled Raya.

Raya placed her hand onto Lily's belly, "Hello godson. Did you miss me?".
"I certainly did. I need some more feminine energy in my life, as Marlene is too busy with her own family now to visit very often" admitted Lily.
"Sorry for leaving you alone with the boys. But I'm back now, and I'm not going anywhere" promised Raya.
"Good" grinned Lily.
"So, are we all ready to go?".
Sirius shook his head and stepped forward, "Not just yet".
"Oh, O.K. What are we waiting for?" Quizzed Raya.

Sirius a took a deep breath before dropping to one knee, and pulling out a ring box from his pocket and opening it.
Raya gasped when she saw the beautiful ruby ring inside the box.
"Raya Sophia Lupin, I love you more than life itself. I have loved you for so many years, and I cannot imagine life without you. Just being around you, makes me the happiest man alive. So, I wondered if you would do me the great honour of becoming my wife?" Asked Sirius.
"Oh, wow. I was not expecting this" admitted Raya.
"Is that a yes?" Questioned Sirius nervously.

"I have one condition" informed Raya.
"Whatever it is, I will give it to you" replied Sirius.
"I will marry you, if you move into the Potter Manor with me as soon as possible" announced Raya.
"It's a deal".
Sirius removed the ring from its box and slipped it onto Raya's finger.
He then stood to his feet, and kissed Raya, before picking her up into the air and swinging her around.
James lifted up his wand, causing confetti to explode everywhere, as the rest of the Marauders clapped loudly and cheered.

"I love you, Lioness" whispered Sirius.
"And I love you" murmered Raya.
"I can't wait to get you all to myself" replied Sirius.
"I think we should ditch our friends first, instead of making out in front of everyone"
"Good idea".
Sirius placed Raya back down on the ground, so that she could recieve hugs from the others.
"Did you all know about this?" She questioned curiously.
"Of course we did. We helped Sirius plan it all out, and told him what he should and shouldn't say" answered James.
"Really?" Asked Raya.
"Of yeah, he had this whole long speech planned. But since he was going to propose to you in front of everyone, we told him it was best if he kept things short and sweet".

Raya turned back to Sirius, "Who knew you were such a softy? I would like to hear this speech sometime".
Sirius's cheeks went red, "I don't think that's a good idea. It was very long and mushy. I'd be far too embarrassed to show it to you".
Raya widened her eyes like a puppy dog, and batted her eyelids, "Pretty please".
Sirius groaned, "Alright, I'll read it to you when we get home".
"I knew you'd give in eventually" grinned Raya, before leaning forward and kissing Sirius on the cheek.
"Whatever my fiancée wants, she gets... Now come on, let's get back to Godric's Hollow and have some dinner, curtesy of James, for I am starving".