70. Anniversary

Raya did not enjoy being pregnant.
She had been by Lily's side throughout her friends pregnancy, and Raya felt weak for not being as good at pregnancy as Lily.
Raya often felt sick and unwell, which made her grumpier and quicker to anger. Unlike Lily who had been her normal wonderful self while carrying Harry.
To make Raya feel better, Sirius had promised to give up all the things she was having to, because she was pregnant, as he wanted to support her anyway that he could.
Even though Raya was having a difficult pregnancy, that didn't stop her from unconditionally loving her unborn child. It might not be fully alive yet, but Raya already knew that there was nothing she wouldn't do for her baby.

Sirius agreed to being the Potters Secret Keeper despite the danger this put him in, as he wouldn't trust anyone else with his best friends safety.
Dumbledore performed the Fidelius Charm, and was the only one outside of the Marauders and Lily, who knew who the Secret Keeper was. But this didn't mean that no one else would eventually find out that Sirius was the one protecting Harry's hiding place.
Raya ended up spending a lot of time babsitting Harry, as Dumbledore didn't want to send her on any missions while she was pregnant. Which Raya found rather insulting, as Lily had still been going on missions when she was pregnant, until she entered her third trimester.

Peter was still in the dog house, so to speak, with the rest of the Marauders, for leaving Raya behind.
Sirius couldn't even speak to him for days, as he was so angry at what Peter had done.
Raya tried to get the others to forgive Peter, but even when they did, the group was not the same.
Peter was more distant with the rest of them. And Raya just hoped that he would stop feeling so guilty soon, and return to being the fun loving Peter that they all knew.

A few months into her pregnancy there was an event, which brightened Raya's mood.
It was the anniversary of the 1st ever Order of the Phoenix meeting, and every single member was coming together to celebrate.
As Dumbledore needed a large safe space for them all to be together, he insisted that Raya allow them to use the Potter Manor.
Although Raya didn't like feeling responsible for the event, she agreed to Dumbledore's demands, and held the gathering at her house.

"Having fun?" Questioned Sirius, as he sidled up to Raya during the party.
Raya sighed and lifted up her champagne glass, which contained orange juice, "What do you think?".
Sirius grinned, and lifted up his own glass which also contained orange juice, "Whatever you do, I do to, remember. That's what I promised you at your first midwife appointment".
"I know, and you better not have sneaked a shot of something inside that glass" said Raya sternly.
"I promise I haven't. I will be 100% sober when this party ends".

"You don't know how much I want some wine" groaned Raya.
"I'm sure I can guess, since I am also teetotal at the moment. But you aren't allowed to drink while you are pregnant, because it will hurt the baby" reminded Sirius.
"I haven't forgotten. Everything I do could hurt the baby, and I'm sick of being careful all the time" admitted Raya.
"It will be over soon. You only have a couple more months to go"
"I am only half way through"
"I'm sure the rest of the time will fly by. We've got lots to celebrate between now and then; Harry's 1st birthday, James and Lily's wedding anniversary, my birthday, your birthday and Halloween".

"Speaking of Harry, who is watching him tonight while we are here?" Questioned Raya.
"Mary, since she's our only friend not in the Order" answered Sirius.
"Has she got Neville as well?" Quizzed Raya.
"Um, no, I think his grandmother is babysitting him"
"That woman scares me"
"She scares all of us. Frank's mum is certainly a very intimidating woman"
"She isn't as bad as your mum though"
"No one is as bad as my mum. Who I expect is even angrier than when I last saw her, since dad died shortly after Regulus"
"No more dwelling on sad or angry things, this is a party remember"
"Then let's go and have some fun".