3/Fuzail

I was in a meeting when mother called. I wonder why she's calling by this time. I quickly excused myself and answered the call. "Salam mama" I greeted

"Wassalam meet me at Gusto now!" Whoa! I wonder what's wrong with her. She hardly commands me this way. Well time to end the meeting, my mother is more important.

"I'd like to end this meeting now" I said and everyone turned to me. "I have some important things to handle. Mahmud shift the meeting to another time" I said to my best friend and my also my personal assistant. Life of a ceo. I get to do whatever I want.
With that, I went to the garage where my car was packed and headed to Gusto. It took me 15 minutes to get there. I entered and searched for my mother. I spotted her sitted beside the window sipping coffee. The cafe wasn't filled with much people today. I headed towards her and sat down "Salam mama" I greeted

"Wassalam" she replied but she wasn't looking happy. I wonder what's wrong with her. "What's wrong mama" I asked
"You...you're wrong"
"Huh?" I asked confused.

"Fuzail Ibrahim. You have to get married" oh Gosh! Not this marriage talk again! Mama has been on my neck for a long time telling me to get married. she just doesn't understand. I'm not capable of love and so many ladies throw themselves at me and I know it's because of my money and fame. I just don't want to get married. I've gone through a tough heartbreak before and I don't want to experience it again. I've told mama several times and now she called me all the way to this place just to talk about it. Today she looks angry unlike the rest of the days. Don't get me wrong she's the sweetest human being in the world even though father abandoned us both, she still stood by me and loved me. But the only thing which makes her mad at me is 'getting married'.

Yes I'm one of the top hottest richest bachelors in the whole of Africa according to the news and internet but I don't even care. I'm not into marriage at all because I don't think I can take care of a woman and I'm scared I might abandon her just like my dad did to my mum.

"But Mama we've talked about this before, I don't want to get married and I don't have any woman in mind" I told her calmly, I can never yell at this woman. "Oh so you prefer to move around with different women everyday and do whatever nonsense you do??! I'm tired of people talking to me about you all the time Fuzail!" Okay she's kind of right, I don't believe committing to just one woman is possible so I prefer to have different women everytime I want. My mum is religious and she taught me to be religious as well but everything changed when my father abandoned us and I prayed and cried to Allah but he never answered my prayers. I don't think there's any point praying to him if he won't answer my prayers.

"Mum! For the last time, I don't want to get married. I don't care what people say. I just won't get married" I half yelled. I dare not shout at her or else she'll show me her African side by beating me up in public.

"I give you just a week to get a wife or I'll marry you off forcefully" she yelled and stumped out of the cafe. I'm no longer a child! I laid my head on the table and took my phone to call my best friend Mahmud. "Sup bro" he said as he picked the phone. "Mama is serious about me getting married and she gave me just a week to bring a wife" I said showing him how annoyed I was. I heard him laugh. That's Mahmud for you, always laughing at situations like this.
"Quit laughing fool. This is a serious matter"

"Okay okay but it's funny. Well I wish there's a way we could compromise things" he said but I knew he was still chuckling. "How?" I asked

"Like maybe plan a fake marriage or something like that, you know what I mean. Like get someone who can go with the flow then after some time you'll get a divorce to show mama that marriage is not for you. You get?"
"This idea sounds stupid bro"
"Come on, think about it" he said
"Okay so I should get a woman I know mother will like right? Then we both agree to marry?" I asked him

"Exactly! But you can make some rules for each other to follow" he said

"Hmm but which lady will agree to such a thing?" I asked

"Ahem" I heard someone clear her throat. I looked up and saw a young lady standing. She was wearing an abaya with a headscarf. I didn't even care to see how she looks like, I guess she's a 'fan'. "I'll talk to you later bro"

"Salam alaykum" she said. "Waalaykumussalam, how may I help you" I asked
"Uhm i may or may not have eavesdropped on your conversation on the phone" she said staring at the floor. Helloooo my head is up here!
"Why?" I asked angrily.
"Can I take a sit, it's somehow important" she asked calmly

"Just say what you want to say, I'm not in the mood for all these nonsense" I stated firmly. I think she's crazy. Eavesdropping and now she wants to talk about something "important"

"I want to help you but it seems you don't need help. You can go get forcefully married to whoever your mum wants you to get married to. I don't even know why I came to you" she seems annoyed

"Have a sit" I said coldly.
She quickly sat down where mama did.

"I'm sorry I eavesdropped" she said
"Just go straight to the point" doesn't she know she's wasting my time?

"You're rude. Whatever. So I know you're looking for a lady to make a marriage arrangement on and I'm interested" is she crazy? Oh I guess she's one of those women who want my money.

"Oh I know where this is going, you were sent to come destroy me" I stated
"What do you think of yourself? I'm trying to help you and myself but you're proving tough. You're not being patient to know exactly what I'm talking about!" She half yelled. With that I looked at her properly, she was caramel skinned, with slender eyebrows and pouty lips. She's not bad but I've seen girls way prettier than her though.
"Okay explain better" I muttered
"Okay I have a problem with my boss, the only way out is if I'm married and I hate marriage, I'm not ready for it. I love being alone rather than being with a man for the rest of my life" this is the kind of person I need. She isn't into marriage just like me so I guess this will work but I'll have to talk to Mahmud about everything. I nodded for her to continue.

"And I know you want someone who will make an agreement to marry you. Don't worry I'm very easy going and I won't interfere in any of your matters, we can even live separately. Then after some months we'll get divorced" wow I'm so into this but I still have to think properly and I'm sure Mahmud will agree to this as well.
"I think it'll do. I'll have to arrange with my lawyer" I don't trust women so I have to involve a lawyer in case something goes wrong.

"Okay then, I gotta go, let's meet tomorrow same time here?" She said more like a question
"Yeah sure" I don't want much talk.
Then she stood up and left the cafe with a lady.
Wait. I don't even know her name.

Salam familia!!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I haven't editted this story yet so there might be errors. I'm still getting the hang of Wattpad so I'll wait till I get readers before I update. I'm new to Wattpad which explains why.
Please vote and comment