28

Hello besties!! Like I said, I'll update this chapter soon and here it is. But......it's gonna be in author's pov. This is my first time writing in a writer's pov so let's see wether y'all will like it.

Hazal sat down by the big tree planted at the backyard of her father's house. Her gown hugged her body slightly as the soothing breeze calmed her down. It's been two days since she heard those four words he's in a coma. Ever since then, she wanted to be alone. She wanted to be by her father's side at all times. She has been spending her time with him at the hospital.

"Here you are! I've been looking for you" Mahmud approached her with a big smile on his face. She quickly fixed her scarf. She smiled back at him.

"Brotherrrrrrrr" she replied laying emphasis on the 'r'.

"Feels good to see you and...you're smiling" He said. He hasn't really had a conversation with her since the incident and all the times he met her she wasn't smiling.
She chuckled at his statement.

"Can I ask a question sis?"

"Sure"

"Why don't you like anyone else visiting your Abba? You no longer rest. Look at you. You barely stay with anyone else. This isn't the Hazal I know. Common!"

She sighed

"Mahmud...you won't understand. He's the only one I have and I'm the only one meant to take care of him" she replied

"At least let's help you. Let Fuzail help you" she knows she hasn't been good to Fuzail. After all the help he's offered her she hasn't returned him back his favor. He brought her here and stood by her side every single time and she felt a pang of guilt hit her.

She nodded

"Where's everyone? Ammi and...and Fuzail?" She asked.

"Ammi should be in the kitchen with your aunt. Zail is in his room. The rest have gone back"

"I guess I should head in then" she said and dusted her dress whilst getting up.

"You're sleeping here today?" He asked since she has been sleeping at the hospital.

"Uhm yes" she chuckled lightly.

They got to the living room and she was glad no one was there as she didn't have the energy to answer questions.

She quickly walked upstairs to her room and locked the door. The room was very neatly arranged and cleaned. She removed her scarf and sat down at the edge of the bed. Just then, the bathroom door opened revealing Fuzail with a towel wrapped on his waist and water dripping from his head.
Hazal forgot she was staring at him until she heard him clear his throat. She quickly adjusted herself and looked away.

"Hhhiii..." she nervously said.

"Hey" he replied simply.

There was awkward silence in the room for what seemed like ages.

"How's Abba?" Fuzail broke the silence.

"Good..the doctors said he's recovering quicker than expected but they don't know when he'll be out of coma" she said without looking at him but Fuzail never took his eyes off her.

Back to the awkward silence. No reply.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" She asked looking at him and quickly looked away when she noticed he was still not dressed.

"I'm all ears" he replied

"Can you please put on something first?"

"I'm putting on something"

"I mean a dress"

"I'm not naked"

"Just forget it"

"So what do you want to say?"

"I can't talk to you in this...state you're in"

That statement made him burst into laughter which made Hazal frown. She stood up and attempted to leave the room.

"When you're dressed up you can call me" she said and turned the door knob. Fuzail dragged her back making her hit his chest. Her hands resting on his chest creating a barrier between the both of them. They stared at each other. One of his hands held her waist. Hazal looked away shyly. He used his free hand to hold her chin up so she could look at him.
He was about to do what he never expected to do when his phone rang causing a distraction.
Hazal used that as an opportunity to slip out of his hold and leave the room. Fuzail walked up to where his phone was and checked the caller. Layla.

"Hey babe!" She said immediately he picked.

"Laylah. How are you?" He asked

"Not good. You left without telling me" Fuzail could picture her pouting while making that statement.

"Oh I had to leave for an emergency" Fuzail doesn't fully trust her after what she's done to him before. He also doesn't want to get rid of her because of the deal between them. He was also sure he wasn't in love with her anymore.

"You could have at least called to tell me. I went to your house and your so called guards didn't let me in"

"I gave them an instruction not to let anyone in no matter who it was"

"But they should know who I am. Once you get back, we're gonna fire them"
He wanted to lash out at her but he kept his cool. Who does she think she is?

"Look Laylah, I'm quite busy right now. Talk to you later okay?"
He was about to hang up when she spoke.

"Wait! How's the stuff we talked about? Is it in progress or you need help?" He knew exactly what she was talking about. It was surely in progress but he feels bad about the whole thing. He didn't want to break someone who doesn't deserve it but he knows Laylah and the evil she can do.

Oooooooh the story is about to get litty lit!!!!
What do you think the deal between Laylah and Fuzail is? And was Fuzail about to kiss Hazal??? Omggggggggggg is he getting to like her? I'm so excited!!!!!!!!

Also, what do you guys think about writer's pov? Should I continue is this way?

Please your votes and comments are very needed🥹