18/The deal

"Bye habibi! Make sure you visit me soon" Mama said as she kissed my forehead. She was going back to Ghana and I'm gonna miss her so much.

"I'll come soon" I replied and drove out of the airport.

"I'm gonna miss her" Mahmud said by side as I drove

"Me too"

"Can I ask a question?" He asked

"What's up with you and Hazal?"

"What do you mean?"

"She's been avoiding you. She's been acting strangely. She's been staying alone and she looks pale"

"Maybe you should ask her yourself"

"No you tell me. Did you do anything to her?"

"She was bothering me so I put her in her place. I hate disturbance" I stated

"What did you do?!" He yelled.

And that's how I narrated every single thing that happened the day it rained.

"Dude!" He yelled and hit my arm.

"Ouu"

"I seriously don't know what to say right now. Just go apologize to her"

"Apologize my foot. She should keep avoiding me. I don't freaking care" I stated.
Just then my phone rang, I checked the caller and it was Layla. I sighed before picking.

"Hey"

"Hi baby, are you free now?"

"Kinda... what's up"

"I need us to finalize what we talked about the other day.."

"About?"

"The deal"

"Ohhh. Where can we meet?"

"The normal place"

"Okay I'll meet you there shortly" I said and hung up.

"Who was that" Mahmud asked

"Laylah"

He scoffed and hissed

I chuckled "I'll drop you off at work then I'll go meet her"

"Whatever"

***************************************
Hazal's pov:

"Miss Hazal when will the boss arrive?" Mary one of the employees asked. I honestly don't know when the guys are arriving. After they left with Mama to the airport, I also came for work. I've not been feeling too well since the day I hit my head. It's been two days already but I'm still feeling the pain. I went to the clinic earlier before coming to work and they gave me painkillers. I guess I'll take them when I have my lunch.

I was tapping something on the laptop when the door opened.
"Salam sis" Mahmud said as he made his way towards me.
"Wassalam where's Fuzail, he has to cross-check some of these files before we approve it"

"I'll do that. He won't be available today"

"Oh ok" I said and handed him the files.

After 5 hours of work, we were done and we both went home. We didn't really talk because I wasn't feeling too good and I guess Mahmud noticed that.

"Sis are you okay? You look pale" he said worriedly as he opened the living room door.

"Yeah. I'm just having headache"

"You didn't tell me. Have you taken anything?"

"Yes I took painkillers during lunch today"

"Okay you should rest"

I nodded and smiled.

He went to his room while I went to the kitchen to make something.

"Hmm what can I make?" I asked myself.

I guess I'll just make the simplest meal. Noodles.

I was almost done when I heard someone talk behind me.

"Hi" Fuzail said. I looked around to see if he was talking to someone else and not me.

"I'm talking to you Hazal" he said smiling slightly.

"What do you want?" I asked folding my arms.

"I need to talk to you" he said while resting his back on the counter

"I'm all ears" I rolled my eyes

"I know you're mad at me and what I did the other day...." He said scratching his head. I know he's not here to apologise. Fuzail never says sorry.

I hissed and returned to what I was doing earlier.

"Common... I'm still talking to you" he said but this time he didn't shout like he always does.

"I don't listen with my eyes but with my ears Mr Fuzail. So you can keep talking I'm listening"

"I don't blame you for being rude to me, I deserve it...well...I'm here..uh I'm here to say sorry for what I did the other day..." Fuzail just apologized to me. I seriously can't believe this.

"What got into you?" I turned around to face him this time.

"I realised I did a bad thing and Mahmud scolded me and told me to apologise. I'm really sorry" he said scratching the back of his head.

I sighed heavily "fine. I forgive you"

"Thank you. At least smile" he said

"Hey! That's my line!" I said and we both laughed. Strange.

"So.... what're you cooking?"

"Noodles. For myself alone"

"Why didn't you cook for everyone?"

"I'm too lazy to cook" I said as I poured the noodles onto my plate.

"Okay...uhm one more thing" he said as we made our way to the living room.

"Are you free tonight?" He asked

"Yep sure. What's up?" I said as I sat down on the sofa while he sat on the other sofa across me.

"I want to take you out for dinner if you don't mind. I really feel bad for what I did so...."

"Seriously? You don't have to worry yourself. I've forgiven you already"

"I insist and besides you've not really been anywhere since you came to Paris so this is an opportunity for you"

"Okay then if you say so. I'll come with you" Am I sure I want to go with him? What if he chops off my head. I don't really trust him. Oh Allah please help me.

"Hazal and Fuzail staying together? Talking together? No arguments? What is happening here?" A shocked Mahmud asked.

"I listened to you. I apologised to her" Fuzail said getting up.

"Wow finally you guys are friends. I hope it'll last for a long time" he smirked.

"Be ready by 7" Fuzail said to me and made his way to his room.

"What does he mean by that?" Mahmud grinned

"Uhm...he wants to take me out for dinner to make up for what he did to me"

"What?! Wait what? He wants to take you out? As in Fuzail asked you out on a date?"

"Shut up! It's not a date....he just wants to take me out for dinner. He insisted and besides I've not been out since I came to Paris. I really want to see this city. It's been a month already"

"If you say so. Make sure you have fun on your date..oh sorry I meant dinner" he said holding his laughter

This is one of my favorite chapters so far. What do you guys think?
Please vote and comment.